The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
The Legendary Slotted-headstock ADAMAS!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Beal
Posted 2002-04-04 2:45 PM (#224410 - in reply to #224385)
Subject: Re: The Legendary Slotted-headstock ADAMAS!

Russ, the one that just sold was not a slothead. They stopped at 60 and started again at 77. This one was 79. 2 grand ain't bad, his reserve was 2500 the first time and didn't get it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-04 3:07 PM (#224411 - in reply to #224385)

Bill, i suspect things will be different after this site has been around for a year or so. there might be a new awareness of what is rare and what is quality. the super bargains might become the rare thing. but hell, the fishing here isn't like it used to be either and i still have fun. good things never stay a secret.

on this site, in one month i have learned ALLOT. knowing what i do now i would reconsider some of the guitars i bought in the past and i have a new appreciation for my favorites with what i am learning here.

and if i'm not at the "airport" when "my ship comes in" i'll have at least one fine adamas someday. time i have in abundance.
alpep
Posted 2002-04-04 6:33 PM (#224412 - in reply to #224385)

Russ
i hate to sweat. I have no love for tequila. I would rather drink water than corona or dos eques but I am willing to give mexico a try. Hey can all those Cheech and Chong movies be wrong??????
btw I much perfer a beck's or st pauli girl dark although some former students told me that in mexico you can get Tres Eques and that is alledgedly much better. Hey but I am perfectly content with a captain morgan and coke... and God forbide if you substitute Pepsi.... YES I CAN TASTE THE DIFFERENCE ask miles.....
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-04 7:06 PM (#224413 - in reply to #224385)

well every place i've ever been has it's off season, and ours is coming up. with ac it's no different than heating and snow, except the fishing gets really good here and you want to have all your stuff done by noon. i am leaving for 2-3 months this summer,just like the snow birds do heading south in the winter. from november until mid april it is really fantastic here. from nov through feb i would put this climate up against anything i have ever seen.

i really don't drink all that much these days either. like willie nelson said "the hangovers hurt more than they used to". a little wine and a few scenes from one of those old cheech and chong movies you mentioned is all an aging hippie needs or i forget what key i'm playing in. i'd bet you would like bohemia and negra modelo beers and rum is still the bargain (and the sailors choice) here. ALWAYS with coke and lime. the bottom line is that in a place where the only time you have to set the alarm is to go fishing and where there is always time for hammock practice until you go play music any night of the week, you are already kicked back and smiling on just the sea breeze. i wish i could afford to do this in the usa too then i would spend 6 months in each place.

i hope some of you ovation guys knock a piece out of your cold season and come find out for yourselves.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)