The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Need some help/ 1117-4 model

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Richie
Posted 2002-02-12 12:16 AM (#224284)
Subject: Need some help/ 1117-4 model

Hi there, Just wondering if you guys can help. I bought an Ovation second hand in 1992 in California and now I am back living in Australia.
The Ovation in question has a light brown back, a natural top and a light brown case. The model number on the metal plate inside say's 1117-4 and the serial number is 108161 in black ink. I went to the ovation website and did a search on it. According to thier charts I think it is a Glen Campbell Balladeer made about 1977. So I guess I am asking if someone can confirm what I think it is? If it is that model how much would it be worth, not that I am ever going to sell it, once you own an Ovation your life is never the same !!

If someone could help that would be really great as I am a bit lost.
Cheers
Richie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
samova
Posted 2002-02-12 12:40 PM (#224285 - in reply to #224284)
Subject: Re: Need some help/ 1117-4 model

Your guitar is a "Legend" model and not the Glen Campbell model.Although the Glen Campbell is essentially a legend with an artist bowl and a trus rod cover with his signature on it(model 1127 0r 1627)....Yours should be a natural finish,deep bowl,non cutaway,non electric,bound neck with diamond inlays...It is still a current available model 1117-4......

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: samova ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)