The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Another repair question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Bradley
Posted 2002-03-07 9:09 PM (#224016)
Subject: Another repair question

I bought an Ovation 1858 12-string off of E-Bay. I got it cheap ($330) because the top is cracked. It came yesterday and it's in worse shape than I thought . I'm going to take it to the place my other Ovation is being repaired at for an estimate.

My question is, does anyone have an idea how much Ovation charges for a new top?

Thanks,

Bradley :rolleyes:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-03-07 9:14 PM (#224017 - in reply to #224016)
Subject: Re: Another repair question

contact john budny or kim keller in the service department they will give you a quote tell them alpep sent you
Bradley
Posted 2002-03-07 9:49 PM (#224018 - in reply to #224016)

Thanks, I'll do that.

Bradley
Bradley
Posted 2002-03-10 10:11 AM (#224019 - in reply to #224016)

I talked to John at Ovation. He said a new top would be around $450. I didn't ask about repairing the old top, I'll call back next week.

I did take it to a repair shop in Evenston, IL. He told me the crack would cost $100 to fix. When I asked him about the high action he took the guitar to the back room for a few minutes, then came out and said it needed a neck reset as well as a complete refretting. Total cost would be over $700.

I'm going to try another repair shop that's near my house. It's beginning to look like my $330 gamble isn't going to pay off.

On the other hand, if it's going to cost and arm and a leg to fix, I might try at least fixing the crack myself. As I told my wife, I could use a new hobby.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Bradley.

I guess the saddest part of this is that E-Bay had an Ovation Custom Legend that ended up going for $275 that I would have tried to get, but I already got this guitar . Oh well... :mad:
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)