The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Balladeer

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

brannon
Posted 2002-03-08 1:41 PM (#224001)
Subject: Balladeer

I have a black Balladeer that my parents bought me about 12 years ago. Its been thru hell and back, thru many gigs, and even left unstringed, in its case, in my closet, because I bought a Martin, and just never took the time to take it out of its case and restring it. Call it laziness. The point of telling you all this, is that I finally got the old Balladeer out to restring it. So, I took it to the local music store, to make sure the neck was ok, and if any adjustments were to be made, and while it was there, I would let them restring it. Well, I took it in, and told them what I wanted done. A guy looked at the neck, and told me it was in perfect shape, straight as it could be. So, he restrung it, shined it up for me, and I feel in love with it all over again. It was like coming home again. I cant believe I left it. I was so blown away, I sold my Martin, and bought me another Ovation. I just love the simpleness and strenght of the Ovation guitar. I mean, my guitar sat in its case, going from hot to cold many years (4 to be exact) and the neck never moved. Im impressed. Lets see a Martin or a Taylor do that. Not that they are not great guitars, but Ovation really impresses me now. And I also love how its so easy to change the strings(when I take the time to do it). No pulling the end pins out or any of that mess. Quick and simple, thats how it should be. Ovation guitars are very durable....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-13 11:14 AM (#224002 - in reply to #224001)
Subject: Re: Balladeer

i couldn't agree more, these tupperware guitars are hard to beat. especially for us guys who really use them. the wood is the only thing that can cause problems and since that is limited to a flat top with good bracing most fixes are easy. i picked up a balladeer circa 1976 (foil label) that had spent almost its entire life out of it's case. it had a crack in the top and the bridge was lifting. i really bought as much for it's mint brown case as for the guitar. i spent a day fixing it and setting it up and have been playing it at a local beach club ever since. sometimes a guitar becomes an extension of your hands, and this one does that for me. my ovations now number about 12 i think and they come as close to becoming part of me as any guitar i have.

the balladeer is a workhorse that doesn't give up.

russ swider
Beal
Posted 2002-03-13 3:28 PM (#224003 - in reply to #224001)
Subject: Re: Balladeer

That was the plan, build a better guitar for the working musician..............
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)