The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Which one to buy???

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-03-11 7:45 PM (#223927)
Subject: Which one to buy???

Hi, just found this site, need some help from you guys if poss.
Ive wanted an Ovation for the last 20 years, and at last can now buy one!
What models give the best sound? Got a chance to get a W2000B Adamas Milennium CVT for a damn good price, or a 1597-46 new model carbon graphite top, or a S778-4 Elite special spruce top, i play Blues, Folk, Folk rock and my own stuff, whats the best in your opinions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-03-11 8:30 PM (#223928 - in reply to #223927)
Subject: Re: Which one to buy???

ultimately let your own ears decide... but I always had a desire to oun a millenium adamas

but you may like the elite also since you like to play blues. I often use an elite for acoustic blues gigs.
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-03-12 1:50 PM (#223929 - in reply to #223927)

Thanks Alpep for the reply, unfortunately, i live in the back of beyond, so have little hope of actually trying out all the models,as all the Ovations are not in the same shops, some in UK and some in a shop in Germany.
Speaking to a few shop musicians, they say that Ovation seems to have lost the plot,(ive seen the thread in this forum on this as well), and a few other manufacturers are comming out with some quality goods, but that hasnt put me off, ive always wanted one, so im gonna have one!So far seems the Carbon tops give the best bass and clean trebles, so looks like im gonna have to melt that credit card on a Milennium (Well i can always starve my kid and dawg for a few months)
:D
Beal
Posted 2002-03-12 7:37 PM (#223930 - in reply to #223927)

" lost the plot" Don't ya'll love the way the brits hit the nail on the head with the fewest words?
Gary, you're spot on.
Any grafite top is a good choice except the round hole one. A good plate of bubble and squeek will make more sound than the round hole.
An smt or something like that would do it nicely
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)