The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
ovation solid body and ultra k2and pinnacle 12 string

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

musicamex
Posted 2002-03-13 9:46 AM (#223886)
Subject: ovation solid body and ultra k2and pinnacle 12 string

this site is great!!!!

there is far too little info out there on the ovation solid body guitars. i own around a dozen ovations, including 2 ultra kaman2 and an ultra gs. i am not a collector per say, and like to play lots of different quality axes. if any solid body deserved the name "axe" ovation made one that even looked like one. i am interested in other good players ovation solid body guitars and reccommendations on good models from a non collectors viewpoint. yhe ultra k2 is actually a very interesting guitar from an engineering standpoint. can anyone tell me more about this series? ie production years and run numbers? as far as the ultra gs goes------i'm selling my strat.

i am also interested in a viper. any suggestions? any other affordable ovations to reccommend?

i live on the coast of mexico where we have a 4 month rainy season and 8 months dry. pretty hard on all wood guitars. not my faithfull tupperware collection!!! they are super stable and i'm the only guy in the band who doesnt retune all night.

i just bought a 12 string pinnacle that will arrive with friends next month. beautiful flamed top and shallow body will make it my 12 string choice plugged in. i have heard these are super stable guitars, but know little else about them. any other help here.

i'm really glad to have hooked up with this site, i't is on my favorites list.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2002-03-13 10:03 AM (#223887 - in reply to #223886)
Subject: Re: ovation solid body and ultra k2and pinnacle 12 string

The UK2 was made in Moosup Ct form around 79 to 82. Not sure of the totals, the factory can answer that. The neck was wood and the body was an aluminum skeleton that the bridge and neck mounted directly to. Better sound transference and all that. This was the era of SUSTAIN.
The body was the same urethane foam that the applause necks were made from. The pickups had 10,000 winds on them and were stronger than the Less Pauls of the time. Made in black, white, brown s/b and grey to black (barnboard) sunburst. Later we did some other colors and one offs but very few
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-13 10:29 AM (#223888 - in reply to #223886)
Subject: Re: ovation solid body and ultra k2and pinnacle 12 string

i can't believe how quickly you replied cwk2!!! you just gave specific me more info on uk2 than i have been able to find anywhere else. thanks

that p/u foam you mentioned must be some tough stuff if it is used for guitar necks. although i like traditional guitars too, the innovation at ovation really appeals to me.

it sounds like you were involved in production at ovation and have some real no bs info. if you ever get to puerto vallarta i owe you a lunch.

i sent a few e mails to ovation and was referred to their web site from which i had just sent the question. it took a couple of ''circles'' until i got an answer to a question. is there a better way? is there a way to find out where a guitar was made by ovation. i don't seem to be able to get much more than the date of manufacture from a serial no and not much on description of the different models.

thanks again russ swider
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)