The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
info on ovation models in print?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

musicamex
Posted 2002-03-13 1:19 PM (#223882)
Subject: info on ovation models in print?

this site blows my hair back!!!

i really appreciate the sharing of knowledge and some obviousy first hand info from guys that were THERE!!!! IN ONE MORNING I HAVE READ MORE USEFULL STUFF ON OVATIONS THAN ON ALL OTHER SITES I'VE FOUND COMBINED.

is there any source for printed info, ie copies of old catalogs, production specs etc? is there anywhere on line other than the ovation site for info on where models were produced and their original mrp etc? i have alot of ovations but am not a collector. these guitars are amigos that allow me to express myself in the universal language. MUSIC. kinda like dating a different old girlfriend every night and sometimes 2 or 3 a night. keeps a guy young at heart. anyway i would like to learn as much about "my harem" as i can so any referrals to printed or on line info would be great.

and you devoted contributors to this site, WHO OBVIOUSLY DONATE ALLOT OF TIME, have an open invite to music and fun and even a fresh fish dinner here in puerto vallarta if you are ever in this area. ovations are scarce here although they are perhaps the best suited for this climate with their rugged construction and relatively stable materials. (heck, the case is worthy of a cult following alone!) and IF the wood parts finally give out, my great grandson can make a great party salad bowl from what is left.

i have so many other topics i would like to include in the future, but don't want to tax your members with too much at once. i am a boatbuilder as a hobby and have glass, kevlar and carbon fibre experience. guess what i would like to do with an affordable ovation with a wrecked top.

i lucked out and got a two digit members number!
#98. does that mean i will be collectable someday too? i have a tropical sunburst finish but regularly need to have my neck reset.

all the best to you amigos and ovation fans.
russ swider
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-03-13 2:22 PM (#223883 - in reply to #223882)
Subject: Re: info on ovation models in print?

Russ
Miles and I plan to post pdf scans of old catalogs and I am trying to get a database of all the ovation models their features and original list price. As soon as I get that I will have it posted.
we have many plans for this site. enjoy welcome and stop back often
Beal
Posted 2002-03-13 2:43 PM (#223884 - in reply to #223882)

Russ,
Get a copy of the Ovation book by Walter Carter. It's well done and quite accurate. Hal Leonard published it. lots of stuff in there
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-13 5:02 PM (#223885 - in reply to #223882)

thanks guys, you can bet i'll be returning often. this is the place for info on ovations. looks like i just squeaked in with a 2 digit member number.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)