The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Balladeer neck question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

tj1313
Posted 2002-03-15 9:28 AM (#223865)
Subject: Balladeer neck question

I bought my Balladeer used back in 1992, the neck is made out of some weird, funky material. It's definitely not wood, I believe I read somewhere that is has a steel "T" shaped rod running through it with a foam core neck around it. Anyways the guitar has always played great, but the other day it was knocked off its stand by my cat, and where the neck hit the corner of my stereo speaker it punched a small hole through the outer covering. It doesn't seem to be effecting the guitar, but the spot itself is kind of rough,and when I'm playing I can feel it. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this. I'd really appreciate the input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-03-15 9:41 AM (#223866 - in reply to #223865)
Subject: Re: Balladeer neck question

Originally posted by tj1313:
Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this. I'd really appreciate the input!

Your local Humane Society will be able to recommend a good vet. They usually tend to get more mellow after being fixed and tend to not knock over as much stuff running around.

Oh.. you meant the fix the guitar...

Someone may have a quick fix answer, but I would take it to a local Ovation factory authorized repair shop. It is 10 years old which is just a baby, but could probably use a quick check-up if it took a blow that hard. Just to make sure nothing else was knocked out or loosened.
Beal
Posted 2002-03-15 11:57 AM (#223867 - in reply to #223865)
Subject: Re: Balladeer neck question

It depends on how big and deep the dent is but you could just fill it with some sort of epoxy. The neck is polyurethane foam with polyester finish over it. It won't look pretty but the hole will be gone.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)