The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
pickups

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

musicamex
Posted 2002-03-16 11:33 AM (#223855)
Subject: pickups

i am just starting to understand a little about pickups, but would appreciate some one explaining all of the common terminology. ie battery or no battery, active or passive, fet, humbucker, alnico coil, single coil etc. also if anyone can tell me which are the best brands etc, and anything else so i don't have to act dumb when the guys are talking about their cool fishman setup or that incredible di marzio pickup.

i'm starting to realize that since i bought my first guitar in '64 my learning has been too one sided. all music.now i want to know why something sounds good and not just if it sounds good. i'm realizing that i dont have to accept what ive got:ive got options. case in point, the recent shallow bowl thread on this site. the ovation fan club is setting a new standard for friendly excellence. kudos to all you knowledgable contributors.

any good tech sites with electric guitar theory you can reccommend? muchas gracias, russ
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-03-16 5:31 PM (#223856 - in reply to #223855)
Subject: Re: pickups

I have some other better sites book marked on my other PC... but I just found this one. It's entertaining.

gSmarts
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-16 7:30 PM (#223857 - in reply to #223855)
Subject: Re: pickups

thanks mr "O"

that site down under answered more than i asked and was loaded with links. i feel like i'm back in school. if i had had this enthusiasm for history--------------

russ
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)