The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Letting off some steam...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-03-16 12:50 PM (#223849)
Subject: Letting off some steam...

Just had to post this, as only you guys will understand! (My friends think im mad for buying a guitar for a sum that would support the UK national debt)
Ive drooled and dreamed about owning an Ovation for the last odd 17 years of my playing life,suddenly ive reached a point in life when funds are more available, and lifes priorities have changed.
I decide to go right to the top and get an Adamas, checked out some shops and web sites, found that i really fancied a Milennium Adamas, found only one exists in the UK for approx $3500 then found another one in a shop in Germany for $940 less! So i ordered the beast and expected it to arrive by UPS very soon; than BHAMM! Get a phone call, "so sorry mr Customer, had the Mill for so long weve lost the case for it, have to get another one over from the US from Ovation, and a certificate, may take 4 to 5 weeks or longer, AAARRGGHHHHHHHHH.........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-16 1:06 PM (#223850 - in reply to #223849)
Subject: Re: Letting off some steam...

kinda like waiting for a mail order bride to come across the praries on a wagon train during the gold rush. you will just have to make up for lost time when she gets there. i have a few i haven't seen in the usa (i live on the beach in mexico) because i don't trust mexican shippers or customs agents, but never anything quite like what you're waiting for. so let the steam condense, have someone draw you a pint and play the blues-------should sound extra good with your latest luck.
all the best, russ
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-03-16 7:00 PM (#223851 - in reply to #223849)

Thanks Russ :)
My playing suddenly improved when i got My Gibson LP, the difference in quality/sound was so much more than my Jap copy Strat, it was unbelievable, plus some phycological boost as well helped.
So am looking forward to the Ovation big time.
Mmmm a pint! Now ya talking, but a cold one, or a warm one?
Just reminded me of a joke that was emailed to me from one of my US customers(those of you into Vintage Brit bikes will understand this one)

Why do Limeys drink warm beer?
Cos Joe Lucas made the fridges!
:D
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-16 7:44 PM (#223852 - in reply to #223849)

had a couple of nortons so i know what you mean. i always was sure i had on comfortable walking shoes on when i rode em too. had a bug eye sprite and an austin mini too. loved em because my date had no where to go and they regularly failed to start when all else failed.

it's been way too long since i've had a warm pint. 1968. took some grtting used to for a yank used to beer 1 degree below freezing. especially guiness. warm porter-------god was that hard to swallow at first.

let us know how you like that adamas when you get it. maybe they will screw up again and send it to me----lol. russ
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)