The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
membership

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Bradley
Posted 2002-03-22 11:30 PM (#223768 - in reply to #223743)
Subject: Re: membership

I saw an Adamas II on E-Bay a few days ago with a "Buy It Now" price of $875. Nobody took it!

I have never played one of these carbon topped guitars. If I knew how they sound, I would have been tempted to buy it (now).

Bradley
Top of the page Bottom of the page
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-23 12:53 AM (#223769 - in reply to #223743)

bradley,i saw that one too, but it was in alaska. might be one to look at before buying due to the extreme temps. i didn't see my first ovation till 72 in cal, but woodies had a hard time up there. one of mine turned to kindling on the north slope. strange stuff happens when it gets extreemly cold. i could fill a book with the bummers of cold. that is one reason i'm here in the tropics.
Bradley
Posted 2002-03-23 8:35 AM (#223770 - in reply to #223743)

I'm up here near the Illinois / Wisconsin boarder. It's almost as bad . I bought an Ovation Custom Elite from a guy in Califoria last winter. It lasted about 1 month here before the top split. I just picked it up last night from the repair shop. Good thing it still sounds great, I was tempted to pick up that Ovation Elite 1537 for $549 on E-Bay.

Bradley
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-23 11:57 AM (#223771 - in reply to #223743)

bradley,i saw that one too and was tempted. drop me an e mail if you are bidding and i'll back off. no sense bidding against one another. there are lots of guitars out there and anything i purchase from this point on has to be in some way special. i am not buying to resell or make a profit. i'll leave that to the guys who know what they are doing. i just derive tremendous pleasure from playing a fine instrument that helps me to get the most out what my hands are capable of.

is the elite the top of the line wood top series? i still havent got the order of quality top to bottom straight. there seems to be an abundance of models and variations within a particular model. i can see the dilema for a purchaser with little previous knowledge of ovations. i agree with a previous thread that had several posts re ovation's high quality guitars need to somehow be separated from the production and import entry level guitars kind of like the difference between the words applause and ovation. i hope the current direction doesn't lead to a "boo" series. russ

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: musicamex ]
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-03-23 12:14 PM (#223772 - in reply to #223743)

That Elite is the same model that I have. It is worth a bit more than the amount they are asking in the buy it now. It's AAA spruce, multi layered wood body binding, peghead face, and heelcap, and a black walnut fingerboard. If I wasn't putting a new engine in the old sports car, I'd buy it for myself. Anybody want to buy it and give it to me? Mine has got a great tone acoustically and plugged in.
Bradley
Posted 2002-03-23 11:16 PM (#223773 - in reply to #223743)

I'm happy the way my Custom Legend turned out. Go a head and snatch up that Elite for $549. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Bradley
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)