The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
12 String Guidance...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Woz
Posted 2002-03-28 8:59 AM (#223439)
Subject: 12 String Guidance...

My Fender 12 acoustic is "ok". Second hand and real cheep. I "need" to step up. Can I find a damn good 12 with "normal wear" for $400 to $600?
What should I be looking for? I've seen Balladeer's and Legend's on ebay... What would you set your eyes on? I know unless you hold it and like it... It's a crapshoot. You just don't see many 12 Ovations New, let alone used. I'm expecting to take it to my local guitar guru to set it up for me once I land this fish.
(PS. my first posting was My "new" used Custom Balladeer...That ebay nightmare isn't over. My fingers are still bandaged.)

Woz
Top of the page Bottom of the page
musicamex
Posted 2002-03-28 10:17 AM (#223440 - in reply to #223439)
Subject: Re: 12 String Guidance...

e bay almost always has an ovation 12 string or two listed. the key is to make sure you ask the pertinent questions not covered in the listing. ask about the action, electronics, cracks/repairs, etc. i have found that many sellers don't know much about guitars or their value so specific questions are important, as well as a proper setup when you finally get the guitar. some of the guitars i have purchased were tough to play when i recieved them, possibly why they were for sale. so far all only needed a simple setup.

you will easily find a good 12 string in this price range. i would suggest an american made ovation. i have been VERY pleased with my balladeer guitars. they are the workhorse of the ovation line in my opinion, but in your price range you might get to a higher level of quality if you are not in a hurry.

russ
Nils
Posted 2002-03-28 2:13 PM (#223441 - in reply to #223439)
Subject: Re: 12 String Guidance...

I watched Ebay for Ovation 12 strings for 6 weeks or so before I bought mine. Usually there are at least 7 or 8 on there, generally 3 or 4 new ones. One outfit has been listing new Cherry Burst 12's for $597 with buy it now.
Nils
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)