The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Korean Curiosity

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Nils
Posted 2002-03-28 2:38 PM (#223437)
Subject: Korean Curiosity

I am curious about the quality of setup (or lack of it) apparent in Korean Ovation guitars. Mine is comfortable to play now, after being worked over by the luthier, but why should that be necessary? Korea can build very nice guitars. I know that because my Epiphone Riviera was made in Korea (although it was set up in the US, according to the paperwork I got with it). It is an excellent guitar. The action is as good as the action on my ES-175 Gibson (actually it might be a bit better). All it needed was a new set of quality strings & it was as nice as anything I've ever played. No sharp corners anywhere, very smooth & nice. I paid $550 for it brand new, including case & shipping. The finish is very nice & the neck is a joy. This one was not a fluke, two friends of mine bought Epi's after they played mine, one is a Les Paul & the other is a Dot, both are smooth as silk, just like mine. Why can't Ovation get quality like this from Korea? The price of a new Korean Ovation is right in the same ballpark, so why isn't the quality? I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, I'm just curious....
Nils
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)