The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
UK II information

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

alpep
Posted 2002-04-04 6:26 PM (#223388 - in reply to #223363)
Subject: Re: UK II information

I first heard the term "mother of toilet seat" used by dan forte aka teisco del ray who used to write a column in guitar player magazine back in their golden age of the seventies and eighties. the term refers to the toilet seats from the fifties and sixties that had that plastic pearl sort of look.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2002-04-04 7:14 PM (#223389 - in reply to #223363)

MOTS is an industry term. Don't know where I heard it first.
The purple one is ok, not a great finish, wavey and a little scratched up. the other one is better quality, if you like metallic brown...
In my description the first letter stood for dog. Other than that they're perfectly playable guitars, chrome hardware. Are they at a dealer in Florida? I forgot who I sold them to. It's this age thing sneaking up..........
I do have one white and one barnboard left. If there's an interest contact me on the profile private board.

When production was shutting down I snagged about 30 and stuck them in boxes. They sat in Moosup Ct. They went to North Carolina. They went back to New Hartford. They went into storage. They disappeared. About 12-15 reappeared in Florida two years ago. I'm keeping my black one and these are the last two. I'm not trying to sell them here but I'm not going to keep them either.

[ April 04, 2002: Message edited by: cwk2 ]
Paul Templeman
Posted 2002-04-04 7:20 PM (#223390 - in reply to #223363)

Gary, make sure he sticks to bike parts & guitars & not Peruvian marching powder, or his smuggling days will be over.

Paul
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-04 8:24 PM (#223391 - in reply to #223363)

Hehe, he`s a smart man Paul, anyone who does smuggle silly powders always gets caught in the end.
The engines come to me, i fix `em, he then takes them over to asia to use in his tour bikes, the system works well, saves heaps loads on Fed ex shipping, as hes always to and fro across the pond.Its no issue with customs cos they are temp imports, guitars can just be personal effects,mr Customs man dont know any different,he play`s anyway :D
As a reasonable yearly contributor to UK government Tax and Vat coffers, anything i can get away with on my own personal stuff, i take as a deserved bonus. Tho Blair may not see it that way :rolleyes:
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-04 8:29 PM (#223392 - in reply to #223363)

CWK, yep you are right, Florida.
Mmm, Dog brown? any resemblance to pavement(sidewalk) stool color?
alpep
Posted 2002-04-04 8:31 PM (#223393 - in reply to #223363)

I got the bottom end of a triumph motor laying around with a gas tank and handle bars.....interested? make me an offer I need to get the stuff out of my mom's shed.....
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)