The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Megadeth Rust in Peace

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

alpep
Posted 2002-04-07 1:39 PM (#223166)
Subject: Megadeth Rust in Peace

Well DAve Mustaine has some sort of hand injury and has dismanteled the metal band Megadeth, best known to members of this board as endorsers of the Tangent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-07 3:00 PM (#223167 - in reply to #223166)
Subject: Re: Megadeth Rust in Peace

i didn't understand ovation's logic in using this group to endorse their tangent line, even though i have never seen one in person or played one. i do however wish dave a speedy recovery. accidents and injuries can be important reality checks for us and give us the time to think about changes that might be in order. every significant injury i have had has opened new doors for me and often closes a few bad doors. all of my new ovation amigos on this site are the result of a broken heel bone and lot's of computer time.

maybe dave will recover and play something a little more full of LIFE in the future.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2002-04-07 7:23 PM (#223168 - in reply to #223166)
Subject: Re: Megadeth Rust in Peace

It would be really easy to make smart-ass comments about Mustaine's injury, but whatever we think about his "art" a hand injury for a musician is a serious leveller. I lost the tendon in my right-hand 4th finger opening a can of dog food. It's the only finger on either hand that I don't use to play. It could have been a lot worse.
I was out of action for months about 15 years ago when faulty wiring at a gig caused an electrocution, resulting in full-thickness burns at the base of my right-hand 2nd & 3rd fingers. Had it been the left hand I'd probably be dead.
I'm careful to the point of paranoia these days.

Paul

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Paul Templeman ]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)