The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas Millenium model

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

jimdahl
Posted 2002-04-14 9:57 AM (#222885)
Subject: Adamas Millenium model

I recently acquired this beautiful guitar and love every feature, I think its perfect! There were only 75 of of this model produced. No advertising, literature, catalog pricing was ever printed for this issue they tell me. Most of these guitars were shipped over seas. Very rare. I saw some questions posted about this model and thought this would be helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-14 3:56 PM (#222886 - in reply to #222885)
Subject: Re: Adamas Millenium model

Hi, i got my Mill about a week ago, from a shop in Germany, there was one other in UK but way too expensive.
I was told by the importer approx 200 was made, but my direct enquiry on production numbers to Kaman has never been answered on this yet, i think they wont respond to anyone outside of USA and expect local dealers to deal with enquiries.
I am happy with the Mill now ive changed the saddle shim material and height and tweaked the truss rod, and fitted Phosphur bronze strings, its now a beaut to play :D
BTW i got a brochure that shows the Mill,its just a general year 2000 brochure that shows all the 2000 models.

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: Gary(Uk) ]
Paul Templeman
Posted 2002-04-14 4:03 PM (#222887 - in reply to #222885)

My SMT came from Germany also, & for the same reasons. I'd really have liked to support the UK music retail industry, but I paid just over 50% of the UK price including shipping by buying in Europe, & that bettered the best quote by around £400. Madness.

Paul
phaseshift
Posted 2002-04-16 11:25 AM (#222888 - in reply to #222885)

I got one too. Pictures at this web site . I'd love more info on it.
jimdahl
Posted 2002-04-17 8:10 AM (#222889 - in reply to #222885)

Hi again...I will try to post a copy of an email response I received from Kaman the other day answering some of my questions about the Millennium...hope it works!
Wow, how did you format your e-mail message?? Very difficult to read. We built about 75 of the Millennium guitars they had a retail price of about 3200.00. I say about because they were never in price list or catalog. This was a low production limited edition piece really cool looking to as you know.

John Budny
Customer Service Manager
Ovation Instruments
37 Greenwoods Rd
< FONT face=Arial>New Hartford, CT 06057

860-379-7575 Ext 120
800-552-4681
fax 860-738-3495

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: jimdahl ]

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: jimdahl ]
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-17 9:37 AM (#222890 - in reply to #222885)

i doubt if one of these will ever slip through e bay unnoticed. maybe not until the next millenium. how long IS that warranty good for anyway?

i just hope to see one in the flesh someday. (please cliff) they are the eqivalent of driving a ferrari--you will never go unnoticed.

and remember, if you make a mistake with it in public, all it takes is a bar chord in the right position to cover uranus.
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-17 1:35 PM (#222891 - in reply to #222885)

Lol, ill need a bit more than just one bar chord to cover my mistakes Mex :rolleyes:
Wow, i didnt realise they only made that few of them. What i dont understand is this retail price thing, in the USA it means Jack sh!t, all i see is Guitars NEVER at retail price, always loads less, but in the UK the sellers stick to the retail as closely as possible, except for the odd one they let go cheap just to tempt people into the shops, "oh sorry, we just sold that cheap deal one,honest ;) "
phaseshift
Posted 2002-04-18 2:34 PM (#222892 - in reply to #222885)

I'm amazed there are just 75 of these. I confess I didn't know they existed until I decided I was finally going to buy an Adamas (after decades of wanting one) and finding it at Elderly Instruments in Michigan. I was already damned pleased with my purchase, but now even more so.

Has anyone else had trouble with the onboard tuner? Mine works about 20 percent of the time; the rest of the time it can't lock onto a note, and various lights flicker momentarily.
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-18 5:27 PM (#222893 - in reply to #222885)

Have you tried the obvious and put a new battery in?
phaseshift
Posted 2002-04-18 5:52 PM (#222894 - in reply to #222885)

twice
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-18 7:00 PM (#222895 - in reply to #222885)

I found that when you pluck a note it will lock on and indicate whether sharp or flat, when you tweak the string i found it best to tweak little by little and do a small pause inbetween, think i sensed the tuner takes a little time to read it and make up its mind what to tell the lights, have you noticed the green sharp/flat arrow lights flicker fast or slow, i think it indicates how close you are to being in tune.
Yep, i just read the optima manual :rolleyes:
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-18 7:09 PM (#222896 - in reply to #222885)

BTW, this Mill is growing on me,just gets better and better :D
Ive only up untill today just practised, scales, chords etc as im going through my early grades,
tonite was my first nite of some peace and quiet to actually sit down and just play unplugged(my preference), you know just playing what you feel,experiment with diff tecniques and see what comes out.
The sounds that came out of this guitar are amazing :cool: i used to like my Fender 12 for its different sounds i could produce, but i`d not come across a quality 6 string that could do the same, this Mill does it a whole heap better and some :D
phaseshift
Posted 2002-04-19 9:57 AM (#222897 - in reply to #222885)

Yes, I'm loving mine more and more. The tuning behavior you describe is like mine when its working. When its not, just plucking a string will usually cause the light for that note to flicker for a small fraction of a second, then other lights do the same. Its frustrating. I may have to have somebody look at it.

But the tone, man, I finally have a really great guitar! :D
20thC
Posted 2002-04-19 10:52 AM (#222898 - in reply to #222885)

My Optima's tuner works exactly the same way. I've gotten used to it and I find it works pretty well (yes... no longer frustrated).

I find it works best if you mute the string after adjusting, then pick again to check. It may seem a bit slower at first, but once you get used to it, it's faster than getting frustrated by the tuner's slow response. Also, keep in mind that the flat/sharp LEDs flash more quickly as you get closer to the tone.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)