The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Elite Millenium or 2000 Collector's ?????

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

20thC
Posted 2002-04-17 2:22 PM (#222770)
Subject: Elite Millenium or 2000 Collector's ?????

OK, I'm a newbie to this site, but I've had my Ovation for about 1.5 years. The guy at Tom Lee Music in Hong Kong (where I bought it) said my guitar was a special Millenium edition, with only about 2 made per country. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to confirm or deny this on the Ovation website and the Model number doesn't match anything (including the color code) in the reference section on this site.

The model number inside the bowl is CE2000-NWB on the sticker that indicates the position of the planets on December 31, 2000.

It's a beautiful guitar and sounds great, but I'm confused regarding the details.

JimDahl posted pictures of his Adamas Millenium, which has nearly identical inlays, except mine says 20th Century instead of Millenium under the globe. I thought mine might be the 2000 Collector's Edition, but I just saw on LostArtVintage.com that the 2000 Collector's edition was a Russian Walnut top-- nothing like mine.

Any idea or information on my guitar and this line would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! :cool:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-17 5:48 PM (#222771 - in reply to #222770)
Subject: Re: Elite Millenium or 2000 Collector's ?????

Mmm, sounds strange that one, My Milennium, just says on the sticker inside "Mill-CB" and thats it, apparently only 75 made, i wonder if yours is a Collectors edition special, that ended up with a spare Millenium neck that was knocking around?
Perhaps an enquiry direct to Kaman can sort this one out, the 20th Century bit is a mystery, can anyone help on this one?
20thC
Posted 2002-04-17 9:07 PM (#222772 - in reply to #222770)

Thanks Gary. I saw PhaseShifter's pics of the Millenium Adamas and all I can say is that you're a lucky guy ! :rolleyes:

I forgot to add a bit of information to my original post... :eek:

My "20th Century" (we'll call it that for now) looks like it's based on a Custom Elite (CE in CE2000?) with Optima Electronics. I'm pretty sure it's not a 2000 Collector's edition, since my top is a transparent red stain and there is no "Collector's" inlay anywhere. The 2000 Collector's is more like a golden brown with a 2-piece top... similar in color to the 2002 Collector's.

I guess I'll try Kaman directly.... Did you use the Customer service email or a different email address ?

btw, I've heard opinions that the 2002 Collector's is a really sweet sounding guitar (sure looks great!) but also that the new neck is actually more narrow... like a pure electric. Any thoughts whether or not this new neck will become more mainstream in the Ovation line ? So far, I've only heard people rave about it.
Gary(Uk)
Posted 2002-04-18 1:08 PM (#222773 - in reply to #222770)

Looks like you may have a special Elite custom model, but only Kaman can tell you, i used the normal "contact us" email addy, i think it depends on who or what dept you send your email to, i dont really know, but it would be nice to find out exactly what your model is.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)