The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
I bet you didn't even realize that I was .....

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

alpep
Posted 2002-04-19 9:55 PM (#222718)
Subject: I bet you didn't even realize that I was .....

gone for four days. I was out in the wilds of Carlisle PA feeding my other passion in life cars. I sold some parts and bought cast iron headers for my 68 pontiac catalina ragtop. I am determined to finish that project in the near future. the car is a runner but needs cosmetics and some minor restoration....ok back to ovations....
You know.....not noticing me gone is both kinda good and kinda bad if you know what I mean....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JT3
Posted 2002-04-21 12:12 AM (#222719 - in reply to #222718)
Subject: Re: I bet you didn't even realize that I was .....

Alpep, I think "spring" has moved some folks
outside and away from their desktops ! !
alpep
Posted 2002-04-21 1:08 PM (#222720 - in reply to #222718)

like fresh air and sunshine will ever do you any good....
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-21 3:36 PM (#222721 - in reply to #222718)

now that my foot is better i'm find computer time allot more scarce too.
Beal
Posted 2002-04-21 7:06 PM (#222722 - in reply to #222718)

We just drove back from CT to FLA. I was wondering if there was something going on at Carlisle, old cars all over the place. We didn't stop, had to get back and besides, it's hard to sneek another car into the house, especially if your wife is with you when you buy it! I can do a guitar, not a car!!
Hope it was a good show for you AL.
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-22 7:42 AM (#222723 - in reply to #222718)

is there somekind of guitar/car connection that keeps reoccuring on this board. i grew up in detroit so i have an excuse but it would be interesting to find out how many "O" fans are vintage or unusual rolling iron afficionados too.
alpep
Posted 2002-04-22 8:37 AM (#222724 - in reply to #222718)

CWK2
It was a good show. I sold a bunch of parts I had laying around and bought some stuff for my 68 poncho ragtop. My garage will be built later this year and I will have the place to work on it and get it totally redone so it will be back it it's original glory. Carlise in the fall and spring is always a great show.

Russ
I have been into cars all my life. Currently I have a 68 pontiac catalina ragtop . 55 ford pickup, 68 covair convertible a 48 f 5 pickup and a 84 honda magna (bike) daily drivers are a 99 ford f 250 and a 90 chevy suburban.

I almost bought a junk yard about 12 years ago but it was in a really bad neighborhood in Camden NJ and the epa would have killed me since all the fluid was soaked into the ground for 50 years. when it rained the area was a lake the water had to evaporate it could not go into the ground.

At that time I had a partner who did hubcaps and I did speedparts rims and shop manuals. My partner moved to Florida about 7 years ago and my wife had some medical problems at that time. I went from doin 15 car shows a year down to 4. As a result I have been trying to get rid of my car inventory but it is a slow process. Although I have had offers on my shop manual most vendors only want to cherry pick or they cannot come up with the cash to buy me out so I still go to the shows and sell a bunch of stuff while sitting there playing the guitar for 4 days. What usually happens is I wind up selling the guitar too.

I love cars but need to focus now only on the guitar end of my business. I diversified too much and just don;t have the time to do both well. Music will always be my first love. Now if you know of an old Avanti II for sale or an old bmw bike let me know. CWK2 is right it is much easier to sneak in a new guitar than a new vehicle....
cliff
Posted 2002-04-22 9:48 AM (#222725 - in reply to #222718)

Russ:
Put me down under the heading
"Volkswagen Beetles" (must be some kinda "roundback" thing).

Al:
You mean there are "nice" neighborhoods in Camden??

After your show last Sunday I took my girlfriend to the NJ Aquarium there (she'd never been). Got a little "lost" going both in and out. Oofah!!
alpep
Posted 2002-04-22 10:20 AM (#222726 - in reply to #222718)

Cliff
when I grew up there yes but now I your guess is as good as mine.
cliff
Posted 2002-04-22 11:11 AM (#222727 - in reply to #222718)

In essence Al, I was guilty of "over generalizing".

There actually was a nice "residential" neighborhood-y area where I pulled over for directions. A couple of blocks "in" from the river (and the aquarium) we drove through what looked to be the stereotypical urban "Beirut", but amidst it there was a considerable amount of extensive restoration being done to some really impressive looking "Brownstone" buildings. Should be really NICE when they're done. It might not be much, but at least they're doing SOMETHING.
alpep
Posted 2002-04-22 12:24 PM (#222728 - in reply to #222718)

Cliff
I think Dresden is a better description.
as for those bronstones they are beautiful but they have been trying to get people to live in them for about 20 years now. Camden has no movies no bowling no supermarkets little industires at least 60% of the population is on welfare or some other form of assistance. In the sixties it had as many as 150K people now it is around 50K a few years back on the mayoral election they got under 1000 people to come out and vote. the city govt is very corrupt and has been for probably 100 years. etc etc etc I am happy I am no longer in their employ.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)