The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation 1619

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

bongwater
Posted 2002-04-26 7:12 PM (#222531)
Subject: Ovation 1619

I just recently purchased an Ovation 1619 for $100.00,it has beautiful abolone binding,pearl tuners etc.. etc...,does anyone know anything about this particular model????? Any info would be much appreciated,thanks!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
elias
Posted 2002-04-26 7:38 PM (#222532 - in reply to #222531)
Subject: Re: Ovation 1619

$100 for the 1619?
What is the condition?
Wow!!!!
I'll send you a check for $200, how about that?

Ovation Custom Legend model 1619:

The most beautiful roundhole guitar Ovation used to make. Not anymore unfortunately. Hand-picked AAA Sitka spruce top ! A-top bracing, Deep bowl,Finished with every bit as much attention to detail! Genuine abalone purfling and inlays (top, soundhole rosette, fingerboard), genuine abalone evrywhere! Ivory-bound ebony fingerboard; gold-plated machine heads
with perloid buttons; What else?! CARVED WALNUT BRIDGE and YES!!!!! CARVED WALNUT TRUSS
ROD COVER!!! Go find these unique features in the current Custom Legend production! You won't be able!
Other specs: neck width @ nut: 1 11/16", number of frets: 20, 14 frets clear of body, Fingerboard: ebony, Ivory binding, Fingerboard Inlays: 29 genuine abalone, bridge: carved walnut.

Introduced in 1974

1119: Custom Legend acoustic.
1619: Custom Legend acoustic electric (piezoelectric stereo steel string).
Finish: -4 (natural), -1 (sunburst), -5 (black)

Did I misss anything?

This house is clear!
Thank you!
(ovations!!!!!!! ...not ovations)
bongwater
Posted 2002-04-27 12:04 AM (#222533 - in reply to #222531)

WOW!!!!!!!!Excellent info,I really appreciate that,actually the $100.00 was a good price,however this one has a couple of cracks on the spruce top,1 not so minor,the other very serious,will probably require some bracing inside of the body,but believe it or not,it plays flawlessly,this will be a lengthy project for me, do you happen to know what year they stopped production of that particular model,and I noticed that this guitar has two inputs,and the volume pot is stacked,is this primarily for stereo application or is there any output differences between the two,or was that an Ovation feature or was that an aftermarket mod done by the previous owne,sorry to bend your ear so much,but I am finally getting some good information,this is a cool site,much appreciated , thanks!!!!!!!!!!
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-27 4:43 AM (#222534 - in reply to #222531)

bongwater (interesting name), i'd go right back to where you got this guitar and find out if they have any other stuff in the closet, or maybe a scratched mercedes, or a 59 caddy with a ripped headliner or-------------
elias
Posted 2002-04-27 2:15 PM (#222535 - in reply to #222531)

Who knows, they may have a slot-head Adamas!
bongwater
Posted 2002-04-28 10:52 PM (#222536 - in reply to #222531)

do you happen to know what year they stopped production of that particular model,and I noticed that this guitar has two inputs,and the volume pot is stacked,is this primarily for stereo application or is there any output differences between the two,or was that an Ovation feature or was that an aftermarket mod done by the previous owne,sorry to bend your ear so much,but I am finally getting some good information,this is a cool site,much appreciated , thanks!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-29 7:20 AM (#222537 - in reply to #222531)

the two output jacks are for mono and stereo if it is like a few i have. mono is regular 1 channel output and the stereo plays strings 1,3,5 on one channel and 2,4,6 on the other. if you output through the stereo jack with a mono cord only 1/2 of the strings will be amplified. i found that out the hard way when someone plugged my guitar in for me and handed it to me.

the stacked knobs are vol and tone. good luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)