The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Stiff action on Celebrty cs-257

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

jbavar
Posted 2002-04-27 2:34 AM (#222526)
Subject: Stiff action on Celebrty cs-257

I have a new Ovation Celeberty CS-257 and the action seems a lot stiffer than my old Matrix. Bar chords are much tougher on the Celeberty. I know its not a good idea to shave the saddle but do you have any suggestions for easing the action.
thanks.
JB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Harlan
Posted 2002-04-27 4:24 AM (#222527 - in reply to #222526)
Subject: Re: Stiff action on Celebrty cs-257

Check for shims underneath the bridge that are removable to adjust string height. If there are no shims to remove, try adjusting the neck. {if you've never adjusted a neck before, better take it back to the store you bought it from for adjusting and check out how its done} If none of these things work, try exchanging it for a better one or contact the factory with your warrenty. Hope this helps,,,,,,,,,Harlan
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-27 5:01 AM (#222528 - in reply to #222526)

harlan, hey sourdough. i see from your profile you run a recording studio. soldatna has changed a little since '68 i guess. pull up a chair and dry out your muclucs amigo, this is a good fire to hang around.
Harlan
Posted 2002-04-27 9:54 AM (#222529 - in reply to #222526)

Thanks for the welcome Russ! I was looking for a serial no.-year chart to identify what year my ovation was and found a bunch of ovation nuts like me! Yea, its changed quite a bit since 68 but its still a small town all in all. I've been here since 71. Thanks again and there's an extra hook for wet mucklucs's if you ever want to come back and check it out. You know you can leave Alaska but somehow Alaska never leaves you. Harlan
musicamex
Posted 2002-04-27 5:14 PM (#222530 - in reply to #222526)

harlan, you're right. alaska is something i will never forget. maybe i will head back up for a summer someday. i'm livin in mexico now--traded my mucklucs for tevas. come south sometime when it's 40 below-- good for the bones. eat some king crab for me amigo.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)