The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Wilson Sisters on bravo

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

alpep
Posted 2002-05-06 10:05 PM (#222142)
Subject: Wilson Sisters on bravo

Just got finished watching the Wilson sisters on Bravo tonight. Wow I am still in love !!! Great tunes great voices. Unfortunately Ann and Nancy were playing Martins when they performed together and on the talk segments Nancy played a really worn Takamine which was obviously a favorite guitar. They talked about how they are touring as Heart this summer. I would really LOVE to see an Adamas back in the hands of Nancy...

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: alpep ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cliff
Posted 2002-05-07 7:45 AM (#222143 - in reply to #222142)
Subject: Re: Wilson Sisters on bravo

Yeah, I saw the same program last night.

I can think of a couple of things I'd like to see in Nancy's hands!!!.....um,....eh,....naturally, I'm...uh,...talkin' 'bout GUITARS of course (a-henh)!!!!!

I was waiting for a possible slot head appearance, but alas it never came. That Takamine HAS seen some miles though, hadn't it?
All those years of "gonzo-style" strumming!
(I should talk - I play the same way!! - anyone for a two hour old broken G string?)
Beal
Posted 2002-05-07 9:02 AM (#222144 - in reply to #222142)

Things come and go. I wonder if she still has her slothead? Sounds like they're in a Martin phase now, a logical transition from the Tak.
Over the years we found that there are two camps. The ones that pick their weapons and stick to them and other camp which are constantly changing instruments, looking for that eternal unobtainable perfectness. It's like these guys feel that if they don't change guitars they're not progressing as musicians. (Although knowing what's out there is part of your progression)
Also sometimes the music changes and different guitars work better for different styles of music.

Truth be told this is just a fancy justification for always buying guitars!
cliff
Posted 2002-05-07 9:18 AM (#222145 - in reply to #222142)

I think Cameron Crowe is playing her slothead now.

(I know, I know!...it was a CHEAP shot!!...but SOMEBODY had to take it!!!)
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-05-07 9:19 AM (#222146 - in reply to #222142)

That last comment of cwk2 was an interesting one. Actually, the whole message was interesting. I admit to a fondness for Ovations. I've never found a better all around guitar than my 1537 Elite, or Big Blue (Adamas 12).

But when I've purchased other guitars, it's always been for other applications, not looking for a better guitar. I bought a 1674 Country Artist to play (ok, attempt to play) Jerry Reed stuff. I bought an old Viper because sometimes the music calls for an electric. I want to buy an old Thunderhead because I'm taking jazz lessons and that strikes me as the right guitar.

There are guitars outside of Ovation that I'd like to own including a Lowden (maybe several) and a couple of others. But looking for something better? Nah.

By the way, I have great respect for Cameron Crowe, only somewhat for his work. Mostly because he married Nancy Wilson.

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: moodypi ]
alpep
Posted 2002-05-07 9:39 AM (#222147 - in reply to #222142)

One comment about Nancy using the Martin, she had the flanger turned up so high that you could not hear any of the acoustic sound of the guitar.
I think Nancy is a great guitarist and getting an Adamas back in her hands would put another credible endorsor with Ovation.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-05-07 10:11 AM (#222148 - in reply to #222142)

Nancy was on the cover of Acoustic Guitar magazine a year or so ago. She said that she preferred the sound of a wooden guitar but that Ovations were the way to go in large venues. She still had an Ovation that she called "Burley" that was a favorite guitar.

Somebody should have her get out her old slothead. Now that would be the ticket.
JT3
Posted 2002-05-07 11:21 PM (#222149 - in reply to #222142)

Nancy playing her Adamas slotheadhttp://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/9663/heart.html

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: JT3 ]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)