The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
double neck

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Harlan
Posted 2002-05-09 2:52 AM (#222067)
Subject: double neck

Greetings! I've been looking at a double neck ovation at www.victorlitz.com I have a custom legend and I am amazed every time I plug into my 24 track at the tone the thing puts out. My guess is that the double neck,with the larger body, will sound as good if not better. If anyone has one or has played one, I would appreciate any info you could spare. Harlan
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-05-09 6:47 AM (#222068 - in reply to #222067)
Subject: Re: double neck

I had a double neck. It was a nice instrument. It played well and was rather well balanced for a doubleneck. I don't think that it sounded any better because of the bigger body. When you are recording them you are really getting the sound of the pickup so it is a toss up.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-05-10 12:16 AM (#222069 - in reply to #222067)

I have played the double-neck, but frankly, I don't get it. I can see it on solid-body guitars, and in fact I have one being built by B.C. Rich for me right now, but I just never understood a doubleneck acoustic.
Speaking of doublenecks... one that impressed me not too long ago was the Danelectro double-neck. I have played some 6 x 12 guitars over the years, and was totally surprised by how solid this one felt. I played a Gibson and a Fender and points in history, and they were heavy. Also, I would NEVER think of holding one of them by the neck to pick it up. The bodies were so heavy, you could feel the neck torque when you tried it. THe Dano was not like that at all. It is light, but it felt like it was made of aluminum or something. No give between the neck and body at all. Just thought I would throw that in... I'm still trying to hunt down Tom Scholz for his Preacher double-neck. Actually I heard he no longer has it... so it's out there..
Beal
Posted 2002-05-10 8:57 PM (#222070 - in reply to #222067)

The first double neck acoustic made was a double nylon for Pat Martino, the top neck was lefty and the bottom righty. Both in regular tuning. That way the top neck could play retrograde inversion, whatever that is. It was explained to me several times and I found it easier after the 4th explanation to say OK rather than Huh?? again.

After this came the triple necks for Richie Sambora and then the double neck model
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)