The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Glen Campbell Bluebird

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Paul Templeman
Posted 2002-05-27 2:43 PM (#221839 - in reply to #221789)
Subject: Re: Glen Campbell Bluebird

Congratulations Russ, post some pics!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-05-27 4:54 PM (#221840 - in reply to #221789)

I agree. Russ, since you didn't call when you were in California, the only way to make up with me is to post pics of these new guitars. Lots of pics.

I don't want to brag, but in going back thru the entire forum, this thread that I started (which has taken an incredible amount of twists and turns, has over 50 posts, the most of any topic. Am I eligable for any kind of award? The RRA? The Roundback Rasberry Award?
musicamex
Posted 2002-05-28 7:41 AM (#221841 - in reply to #221789)

sorry paul. the manana syndrome catches up once you cross the border. i wound up doing a relatives sandwich on work bread. we were in torrence on mothersday and guess who would have had his high e tuned an octave higher if he chose guitars over family.

i'll get some pictures posted if i can figure this macintosh computer out. in the mean time in the ovation book, larry corriel (sp) is playing a similar 6 string in the color section. his looks more green than mine. all i need now is a wig, some big glasses and some talent and look out ----cover of the rolling stone. or at least a six pack of rolling rock. (that's an american brew paul t.)

my fingers haven't been this sore for years with all of my new choices. i feel like a fly in a barn; what next!!!!!
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-05-28 8:16 AM (#221842 - in reply to #221789)

No sweat Russ. I was incredibly busy that week as I was flying out to Kansaa City to play backup guitar for a buddy (wow, sounds like I can actually play doesn't it.... how's that D chord go again?). As my mother always said "As long as you feel guilty, it's alright".

I would, however, love to see pics of what you picked up. Sounds like you made a major quantum leap upward in the quality of your Ovations. I speak for us all when I say that we want a full report.

Protect that E string!
Beal
Posted 2002-05-28 7:36 PM (#221843 - in reply to #221789)

Brown Birds always have to have red breasts. Nick threw that touch in with a felt tip pen before clear coat because it looked too plain without it.
musicamex
Posted 2002-06-02 4:55 PM (#221844 - in reply to #221789)

the neck on that brownbird is probably it's most outstanding quality. i find it as easy to play as most 6 strings out there. i have been switching between the 2 adamai and the bird since i got them and picked up a very nice deep bowl balladeer this morning for a change. well, i think i am spoiled for life. there is no comparison in the quality of sound, or playability. it's too bad it took me 37 years to finally own such awesome instruments. it is just what the doctor ordered. i know they will help me get the most out of these well used fingers. thanks again bill and to all of my ofc amigos for the encouraging help i get from this site. in fact i am going to look up that guitar string site sir paul reccommended so i can stock up on strings while i am here.

take care of that finger al. i regularly cut muself fishing and filleting the catch. doesn't seem to get me a day off at the club. i just take a pocketfull of bandaids and try not to drip on the guitar.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)