The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Any such thing as a bad Ovation ?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

trobablue
Posted 2002-06-05 2:56 PM (#221390)
Subject: Any such thing as a bad Ovation ?

I am bidding on an Ovation Celebrity and I think I bid too much($350.00) It's for a Celebrity Deluxe with a beautiful cherry sunburst top( I think... I'm not sure because model is listed as CC257 and I can't find information about that model). The guitar is for my 19year old son who is currently playing my 70's vintage Epiphone Acoustic. He is pretty proficient and I wanted to get him a decent quality guitar without breaking the bank ! Any input you may have would be hrlpful. Thanks and I appreciate the postings I have read. Seems like a good group.
Newbie,
trobablue
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jiminos
Posted 2002-06-05 3:32 PM (#221391 - in reply to #221390)
Subject: Re: Any such thing as a bad Ovation ?

CC257's are good guitars.... but, I have a suggestion.

In Sarasota there are two Sam Ash music stores. Both are authorized dealerships for Ovation. May I suggest you go there, play a bunch of the guitars hanging on the wall (maybe even take your son with you) and get a feel for the Ovation lines up close and personal.

My partner just bought a CC247. Great guitar. essentially the same as the 257 but has a mid depth bowl.

Anyway... go to the music store and sit down with the guitars. (a little old fashioned, i admit, but there's a lot to be said for actually playing the guitars...... what if you buy a guitar without your son's input and he hates it?

just some thoughts.
alpep
Posted 2002-06-05 4:39 PM (#221392 - in reply to #221390)

rule #1 of auctions Never bid unless you know what the item is worth.

rule #2 e bay is not a real auction
trobablue
Posted 2002-06-05 6:39 PM (#221393 - in reply to #221390)

Thanks Jiminos for the advice ! As a matter of fact, when I got home from work, I asked my son if he wanted to Sam Ash's to jam with the guitars. He didn't but I did and had a grand time. I might just forego his guitar and get me one !

alpep, you are so right. I guess I thought because it was online(no floor space, little overhead) I could get a bargain, particularly atan auction...guess I learned a couple of lessons today.... :o
Thanks all.
Have a great day :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)