The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
This is just Silly!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Norseman1
Posted 2002-06-07 8:58 AM (#221329)
Subject: This is just Silly!

Can someone tell me why in the world does my Legend sound so darn good?! I am astounded by the sound I get out of it. Sure she aint perfect, the action is a little high near the body than one would want (due to some bowing), I don't know if my fingers are just too fat, or if the spacing is different than I'm used to, but I have a little difficulty keeping things clean, (perhaps it will just take some adjusting),BUT THE SOUND!

Perhaps it's the deep bowl? design? aging? All I know is I have never played a guitar that has this resonance and tone. Like I said in an earlier post, it sounds better (to me) than guitars 3X the price!

WOW!!!

Norse(big grin)man1

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Norseman1 ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-06-07 9:08 AM (#221330 - in reply to #221329)
Subject: Re: This is just Silly!

There's a scientific term for the reason your guitar sounds so good. It has "it".

A highly elusive and unquantifiable magic that comes to light when the right guitar and players are put together. You can't predict when it's going to happen and you can't just throw money at a guitar to make it happen.

My 78 Legend hangs on my office wall. Looks beautiful. Sounds like shit. Cost about $750 new. My 83 Elite is nearby. Looks beautiful. Sounds better than almost anything out there (to me anyway). Cost about $750 used. Go figure.

Congratulations Norsey. You may have just found your musical soulmate. A truly wonderful thing to have happen. You are luckier than some cold dark souls who never do.
alpep
Posted 2002-06-07 9:23 AM (#221331 - in reply to #221329)

I thought the scientific term was "magic"
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-06-07 9:50 AM (#221332 - in reply to #221329)

Different term, same meaning. I was using the term coined by the illustrious and ever ellusive cwk2.
Norseman1
Posted 2002-06-07 9:52 AM (#221333 - in reply to #221329)

Thanks Paul, I do feel Blessed! I can't say I don't worry about it's condition holding up, but since day one, It called my name!

And to think, back in 1979ish, my musical partner bought an Ovation.I played it, and thought it sounded twangy, and lacking tone. I have to admit, I made a judgement about Ovations at that point. It took over 20 years, going to a pawnshop looking for a lawn mower, and picking up another Ovation off the rack on a whim, to open my eyes.

Life is funny
Life is good!

Norse(slow to learn, but flat out giddy)man1
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)