The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
matrix

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

davus
Posted 2002-08-04 9:59 AM (#219455)
Subject: matrix

Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me. I have just bought a secondhand Ovation Matrix in my local flea market. They thought it was a copy as it did not have the Ovation name anywhere on it. But I knew by the feel and sound that it was quality. My question is this, is it collectable? Serial No dates it to 1972 Its condition is near perfect apart from some laquer cracks on the top. I paid only £60 UK pounds for it!! Did I get a bargain? Also, there seems to be no mention of matrix guitars on the Ovation official site. Any info you can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Davey.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
M & L
Posted 2002-08-04 5:43 PM (#219456 - in reply to #219455)
Subject: Re: matrix

Hi Davey,

I'm new to Ovations and can't answer any of your questions. But I can say congratulations on finding a Matrix -- do you like playing it? : ) I had one but now it needs more work, I took a gamble and bought it even though it had obviously been repaired before. But it sounded and felt so good! Hoping yours will keep going strong.

Best regards,
Laurie
Paul Templeman
Posted 2002-08-04 5:55 PM (#219457 - in reply to #219455)
Subject: Re: matrix

Davey, 60 quid for a US-built Ovation is a pretty good deal, regardless. The Matrix is a bit of an oddball but is interesting from both a historical & constructional standpoint. Do a search through the posts on Matrix & Medallion for further information, & welcome to the club.

Paul
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)