The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
yamaha ag stomp

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

crazyguy
Posted 2003-09-23 2:11 PM (#203877)
Subject: yamaha ag stomp

has anyone used one of these with their ovation yet? even better has anyone used one with a cs257? what did you think? worth the money, not worth the money? thanks a ton for your opinions
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-09-23 8:29 PM (#203878 - in reply to #203877)
Subject: Re: yamaha ag stomp

I tried one when they first came out and thought they sounded great but were a little fiddly for live use. Like most multieffects units what sounds good at moderate volume at home or in a store doesn't necessarily work on stage, so I go for simplicity with gear I use live so I can make adjustments quickly. Having said that the AG Stomp is one of the better acoustic processors on the market and worth investigating, but you should also check out the Boss AD5 or the newer AD8 version. The Sansamp acoustic DI is good aslo, if a little pricey for what it is.
crazyguy
Posted 2003-09-24 9:30 PM (#203879 - in reply to #203877)

thanks for the advice, i am playing live and thats what i would use it for...anybody else with ideas?
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-09-24 10:51 PM (#203880 - in reply to #203877)

Behringers V-amp has some tasty acoustic sounds, but I'm with P.T. on this one. Playing live there are more, shall we say. important things to worry about. Many, even most I might say, effects units, especially for acoustics, are geared toward achieving the sound you get playing on a live stage. Well if you are playing on a live stage.. you are already there.

Now I realize sometimes certain effects are just necessary and I think most of the time just using the dedicated stomp is the better solution. Just something to think about.

I learned long ago that no one will remember that sweet chorus with a little reverb you had on the funky rag you were playing, but EVERYONE will remember the horrid noise that came out the PA when you accidently clicked in the wrong patch.
crazyguy
Posted 2003-09-25 5:48 PM (#203881 - in reply to #203877)

i'm mainly just looking at all the mic modeling possibilies of the ag stomp to get a better sound out of my ovation without having to buy a taylor with the es system....so that's where i'm coming from.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-09-25 5:49 PM (#203882 - in reply to #203877)

I got a cd with Fingerstyle Guitar that had a 5 minute ad on it for the AG Stomp. It sounded pretty amazing. But I'd listen to Paul T (even with his funny accent) as the voice of experience on this one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)