The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Good laugh on ebay

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-09-25 10:07 PM (#203843)
Subject: Good laugh on ebay

Hey guys:

Take a look at this auction. Here's a 1970's Ovation that was not mass produced, but built by one person in a small shop. Read it all. You'll enjoy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2560933454&category=47064
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bradley
Posted 2003-09-25 10:11 PM (#203844 - in reply to #203843)
Subject: Re: Good laugh on ebay

At least he got a bid. My GC-12 has been on EBay twice with a starting bid of $300 and no reserve. Not one bid!

I am totally heart broken. I guess I'll have to keep it after all.

Biggest problem now is how to break this sad news to my wife (while keeping a straight face :D )

Bradley
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-09-25 10:11 PM (#203845 - in reply to #203843)

Paul, I would like to meet this one guy who works for the company called Ovation. He sure does good work! But he sure must be busy! Where do people come up with this stuff? (LOL)
xbj
Posted 2003-09-26 1:14 AM (#203846 - in reply to #203843)

Hey, all I know is the Korean guy who put time and sweat into making the beautiful CC163 classical I bought off club member Seesquare on eBay did a great job!! It was developing a hairline crack in the bridge (probably happened during shipping) but my tech fixed it right up, slapped some new LaBella high tension recording strings on it, and man does that guitar sing!! It's louder than my Martin, and every bit as balanced! Records fantastic too, and was I surprised when I heard it through an amp... at low volumes the sound is so pure you can't even tell it's amplified!! Man have they improved piezos in the past few years or so!

Anyway, had to jump in... I often think of that Korean guy sweating in his one-man Pacific subsidiary shop!

Les
:)

Originally posted by moody, p.i.:
Hey guys:

Take a look at this auction. Here's a 1970's Ovation that was not mass produced, but built by one person in a small shop. Read it all. You'll enjoy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2560933454&category=47064
Bailey
Posted 2003-09-26 1:34 AM (#203847 - in reply to #203843)

Les

What is even more for sure about this is that the Korean guy is working with primitive, hand made tools, forged from iron ore mined in his village. His foot pedaled table saw is something else as he doesn't have electricity. I saw this on National Geographic how the American Ovation buyers scout out these primitive craftsmen and barter for their crafts. It seems that Jack Daniels is the main currency that works but Alabama moonshine is a close second.

Bailey (Don't blame me, I'm only quoting National Geographic)
grrroovedude
Posted 2003-09-26 6:05 AM (#203848 - in reply to #203843)

This Korean guy is not only a good craftsman, but also a terrific sound engineer, 'cause while he does not have any electricity himself, he makes the finest preamps and, only by imagination, tweaks them to sound like an angels voice when played amplified!

Too bad I read in the thread on China some time ago that two Chinese business men developed a plan to put this poor Korean craftsman out of business by flooding the market with 10.000s of cheap copies, named Orvation...

Martin
cliff
Posted 2003-09-26 8:34 AM (#203849 - in reply to #203843)

This isn't even a "Legend", is it?
It has an unbound neck.
What a tool!
seesquare
Posted 2003-09-26 9:55 AM (#203850 - in reply to #203843)

Apparently, the little shop must be "across the tracks" from the Mothership, eh? Red-haired stepchild, or something.
Hey Les, glad you liked the guitar. I thought it was pretty nice, too; I just needed to get the 1127 fixed. Yeah.......about another 4 weeks, I estimate.....cool enough.

Chris
Beal
Posted 2003-09-26 2:52 PM (#203851 - in reply to #203843)

this must be the one Glen's mother made
Bailey
Posted 2003-09-27 2:03 AM (#203852 - in reply to #203843)

Hello

I am new to this board, but I just bought this Orvation Regend guitar, serial number one 666'n Mao Special, handbook with it is a red book called Mao's Wisdom with many mispellings. I believe I have stumbled upon a collector's guitar as the bowl is bone china porcelean and the top is rare balsa wood held together with bamboo that has been chewed upon by those lovely Chinese pandas. How much is this worth in yuan? Thak you in advance.

Bow to Mao's wisdom, the south is gung to rise again (local humour learned from the British)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)