The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Guy, saying Hello!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

LouDorn
Posted 2003-10-02 1:53 PM (#203577)
Subject: New Guy, saying Hello!

20 years ago I sold my original red topped , deep bowled Ovation to a kid at church. I don't remember what model it was but it did have gold tuners and cost me $300 new. I think I bought it around 1974 or so. He still has it.

Myself, well I just drove home this past weekend with my New Ovation 1769-AD5. I played one in a store up in Vermont a year ago and I loved it. Out of all the guitars in the store I played that day I asked my girlfriend to pick the one she liked best and she also picked the 1769-AD5.

I was going to go back and buy it in Vermont but the store, sadly, burned down.
I am enjoying this guitar tremendously. I was told that this Model of the 1769-AD5, has the just recently revised electronics as requested by Al D. I am loving this instrument. It has accurate intonation all over the neck and sounds good right out of the box. I did need a slight truss rod adjustment because the low E string had a slight buzz to it.

That's it. I love it and am sorry I didn't buy it sooner.
Lou
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-10-02 2:31 PM (#203578 - in reply to #203577)
Subject: Re: New Guy, saying Hello!

Welcome Lou. You'll like it here and will learn a lot about your guitar and Ovations in general.

I've played your model before and was thrilled at how clear yet deep it sounded. As you said, it's "right" up and down the neck. It's my understanding that this is one of the reason DeMiola plays Ovations.
iconocoustica
Posted 2003-10-03 8:25 AM (#203579 - in reply to #203577)
Subject: Re: New Guy, saying Hello!

Clarity does seem to be an Ovation trademark. No other guitar can match Ovations in that category. I think this is why Ovations are easy to record and amplify, there's less "color" mucking up the sound.

Franklin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)