The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Played my first Adamas

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Englishplayer
Posted 2003-10-03 7:44 AM (#203519)
Subject: Played my first Adamas

I was at GC looking at 12 strings, and much too my surprise I came to the realization that for the type of music I'm strumming a 12 string may not get all that much use. On the more positive side, I played my first Adamas. Never caught the model but it had a greyish carbon looking top with a very nice looking crossweave pattern I have been hearing about on this site. Well, it felt great! The neck playability was smooth and easy. The sound was clean and clear with more depth than my 1861 balladeer. Needless to say I was very impressed. The electronics were missing, and since this guitar was in the new section I was wondering if someone had stolen them! I know it's a cliche here, but I went in looking for one thing now I'm thinking about another. I'd like to find a mid depth custom elite (778?) to compare, but now I'll have to search to find a store that has one. Any ideas on the differences between the adamas and the custom elite, as far as sound and playability?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
iconocoustica
Posted 2003-10-03 8:33 AM (#203520 - in reply to #203519)
Subject: Re: Played my first Adamas

I have a CE778 Custom Elite that I got in April and I LOVE IT!. I played some Adamas models in a store before getting it and while I liked them, I thoght the wood-topped high-end O's had a brighter tone that I preferred. Unfortunately, I not sure you'll have much luck finding a CE in a store as they seem only to be available special-order. Mine took 5 weeks to get. Trust me, it was well worth the wait. I honestly couldn't imagine playing anything else at this time, including the Taylor 812-C I traded in for the O.
Obviously, you'll have to make up your own mind as regards carbon-fiber vs. wood. If you can't find a CE, try playing any other high end wood-top such as a Legend to get a feel for the difference in sound between carbon and wood. As far as playability is concerned, I don't think you'll notice an appreciable difference between them. They both play great.
Good luck!

Franklin
ovation06057
Posted 2003-10-03 10:18 PM (#203521 - in reply to #203519)
Subject: Re: Played my first Adamas

with the new ele. package all the guts are in the "can" that slips in and snaps into place,many stores opt to remove them so sticky fingers won't. As far as the feel between the two they are the same neck with the exception of the center strip(w597 is ebony).So it boils down to the sound you prefer. :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)