The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hey out there!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Norseman1
Posted 2003-10-03 9:59 AM (#203502)
Subject: Hey out there!

Very busy this fall, coaching football after school, training in a new teacher (as the program expands) putting in a new furnace (spending those last few refinance dollars...wish I could have spent some of that doe on a new/old 12 [but let's not re-open that old wound]). Joined the worship team at church, still do solo's/special music, last week I did a tribute to Johnny Cash at church, that was fun!

Don't mean to be a stranger...just strange.

Norse(still pluckin and enjoying my O's)man1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chuck (Retired Navy)
Posted 2003-10-03 2:09 PM (#203503 - in reply to #203502)
Subject: Re: Hey out there!

Norse, good to see you are back once again. Sounds like you have been quite the busy dude. I keep bouncing back and forth betwen the Balladeer and the Pacemaker. Amazing how much better the Pacemaker sounds, but I still like to play some things on a 6 string. I have also found that it is easier to learn some things on a 6 string. Of course, if I could afford to upgrade the Balladeer to a Custom Legend or Custom Elite... :)
samova
Posted 2003-10-03 2:32 PM (#203504 - in reply to #203502)

Norse, why didnt you tell me? im in the furnace business..I could have "HOOKED YOU UP"......I work for Ovations!!
Bailey
Posted 2003-10-04 3:24 AM (#203505 - in reply to #203502)

Norsey

Good to hear from you, and you are right to get ready for those northern winters, I prefer to stay far away from them. Good to hear from you, I missed you and I'm sure others did also. I guess I should say thanks for doing a Johnny Cash thing, he was one of my greatest influences, good and bad.

Bailey(NM winters are not quite as bad, that's why we are here)
Norseman1
Posted 2003-10-06 10:47 AM (#203506 - in reply to #203502)

Hey guys,thanks for the responses. When I was a kid, my favorites were Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, and Gene Autry. The first notes I learned on a guitar were "I Walk the Line". Turned a few heads at church (contemporary service) playing a Cash recording, but he was a good man, and a man of faith. Surprisingly, I think the younger guys enjoyed it more than the older folk. I think Johnny's style trasncended musical generes. I understand he did a recording of (or with) a "Nine Inch Nails" tune.

GOT HEAT?! I do, Gee Sam, I could have probably paid you to fly to Brainerd for the price I paid. I wish I could have used some of that money towards a classic O, but It would have been hard to play it with frozen fingers come December :eek: Priorities I guess.

Peace all,

Norse(leaves are turning, Ducks are flocking, Deer are moving, Vikings are 5-0!!! man I love Fall!)man1
MisterGolf007
Posted 2003-10-07 12:04 AM (#203507 - in reply to #203502)

!Hola, Amigo! y Bienvenidos...

I too have been busy & away...new job, re-mo'd a rental and playin' on two different worship bands...not to mention having my fingers wrapped around this new Folklore Deluxe...

I think if St. Pete's handing out guitars in heaven - this MUST be the model...really incredible!

Hope your 12-string saga finally had a happy ending! If not, perhaps you should make a plea to the OFC family to have everyone donate $1 to the "NORSEMAN(need to get a sweet 12)1 Guitar FUND"...I'd donate a ten-spot! Heck, for an OFC brother that's teachin' the next generation, worshipin' on the weekends and fightin' to stay warm...I can't think of a better cause!!!

Keep on Pickin' & a Grinnin'!

!Vio con Dios!
seesquare
Posted 2003-10-09 11:04 AM (#203508 - in reply to #203502)

Hmmmmmm.....interesting idea. Hey, Norsey, set up a PayPal account, and see what happens. Christmas just might come early!! I'm sure one of The Membership can locate a relic somewhere.
Being the product of an old schoolmaster, and crossword-puzzle addict; I value & respect your efforts mightily.
Illegitimus non carborundum,
Chris
cliff
Posted 2003-10-09 11:10 AM (#203509 - in reply to #203502)

Nullum Gratuitum Parandium

"There Is No Free Lunch"
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-10-09 12:05 PM (#203510 - in reply to #203502)

"TANSTAAFL"

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Norseman1
Posted 2003-10-09 12:49 PM (#203511 - in reply to #203502)

No, not looking for a free lunch. Should have jumped all over Bradley's GC12, but timing was never one of my strongpoints.

Oh well, I'm content with the guitars I have right now. I will make good use of them, and when the time is right I'll look to upgrade again.

Have my Legend in the shop getting the frets dressed, been a while, hope to be playing her again soon.

Peace,

Norse(good to hear from you all)man1
cliff
Posted 2003-10-09 1:04 PM (#203512 - in reply to #203502)

Norsey;

I'd offer you my Ultra 12-string for the $200 that I paid for it almost a year ago, but I'd be afraid you'd be disappointed with it.

Hang in there!
One'll come along. It's all in the "timing and lubrication". Do your homework and formulate an opinion on whichever model(s) you might consider, and when one of those comes along, don't wait for the opinions/feedbacks of others . . . . . . just POUNCE on it! There out there.
seesquare
Posted 2003-10-09 1:09 PM (#203513 - in reply to #203502)

OK Guys, what kind of philanthrophic activities could we engage in? World hunger is a bit out of my league. Something musical, perhaps. The Endowment for the Arts might have some ideas. If this is a fraternal organization, acting in the greater good will cast positive energy into the Universe, and pay some unexpected dividends. Maybe I'm just being a bleeding heart, who the hell knows.
Cheers & humbug,
Chris
cliff
Posted 2003-10-09 1:47 PM (#203514 - in reply to #203502)

I've got nothing against "good-deed-doing", but the last time I tried my hand at On-Board Philanthropy, I took a bit of a bath and to this day I'm haunted by this little voice in the back of my head that sound's AMAZINGLY like Al's saying ". . . I told you so . . .". ;)
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-10-09 1:51 PM (#203515 - in reply to #203502)

Endowment for the Tarts

Now that's my kindof organization :)
cliff
Posted 2003-10-09 1:53 PM (#203516 - in reply to #203502)

Here, here, Miles!!

There's NOTHING like a "Well-Endowed Tart"!!!
Norseman1
Posted 2003-10-09 2:48 PM (#203517 - in reply to #203502)

Please, I didn';t mean to cry poor me in my post. As I said,I am fortunate, and happy with where I am at. I appreciate the good will, but I'm not seeking the "Goodwill" if ya knows what I mean.

Peace Bro's

Norse(very blessed)man1
Bradley
Posted 2003-10-10 9:08 PM (#203518 - in reply to #203502)

Originally posted by Norseman1:
No, not looking for a free lunch. Should have jumped all over Bradley's GC12, but timing was never one of my strongpoints.

I never even got one bid, so it is off the EBay market. Let me know if you're interested later.

Bradley
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)