The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Gear alert

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-10-03 11:46 AM (#203499)
Subject: Gear alert

I have a band in my studio at the moment & the bass player turned up with a Behringer bass V-amp, which is Behringer's version of the bass Pod. Looks to be a very useful & versatile piece of kit as not only does it model bass amps but it also has models of electric guitar amps, keyboard amps and more relevantly, programs designed specifically for acoustic guitars. They've left their gear over the weekend, so I'll see if I can find time to give it a try & let you all know my thoughts.

Check this out

http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex.cfm?id=LX1-B&lang=eng

US list price is $190, street price probably around $150.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-10-03 12:58 PM (#203500 - in reply to #203499)
Subject: Re: Gear alert

Paul please post a review on that V-Amp. I have checked them out, but not in the studio. Although I have had excellent experience with all of their normal studio gear, I am always skeptical of the "modelers" of that type, no matter who makes them, as I have had little luck. The only modeling device that I have really liked to far is the VOX Valvetronics amp. They have released the effects modeler as a stomp box (or they will soon) but unless it has the tubes in it, I think it misses the point, although it may be an nice modeler by itself. I went for the amp because it is a true tube amp, so if you bypass all of the effects... you still have a kicking VOX amp. But back to the Behringer.. let us know.

mkb
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-10-03 1:25 PM (#203501 - in reply to #203499)
Subject: Re: Gear alert

Miles, I'm pretty sceptical about this myself, but the acoustic aspect could be useful and that's what drew me to it. I've just had a quick look through the manual & it seems pretty complex, with lots of dual function controls. It seems to offer a riduculous amount of bang for the buck. I'll try to give it a test-drive over the weekend
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)