The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Toys for Tots

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Tony Calman
Posted 2003-10-23 9:07 PM (#202507)
Subject: Toys for Tots

I know this is off subject but I encourage you to support the Marine Corps Toys for Tots...as a retired Marine Corps Officer (many of those years in the reserves in Oregon, Washington, and California), I have seen the dedication and the effort of the Marine Corps and the community to support the effort. Just sent the dollars I could have spent in an eBay auction. Can be a toy dropped into the barrel or a $$ commitment.

For those that consider this inappropriate for this board, my apologies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2003-10-24 4:25 PM (#202508 - in reply to #202507)
Subject: Re: Toys for Tots

One of the reasons we play music is to put smiles on faces and a song in the heart... donating to Toys For Tots will do likewise.... good for you!

tim
Bailey
Posted 2003-10-25 1:46 AM (#202509 - in reply to #202507)

Doesn't seem inappropriate to me, giving is as much a part of pickin' as taking, some of those tots will be OFC members sometime in the future. Who more needs help than those little tots that luck has passed by, and I admire those that help them.

Bailey :cool:

PS: I respect the Marines greatly, I lost a cousin at the Chosin in 1950, he was a Cpl in How Co, 3/7 1st Marines. (anybody here that wants to read a great story, get "Breakout" by Martin Russ it will break your heart and make you appreciate our fighting soldiers.)
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-10-25 8:14 AM (#202510 - in reply to #202507)

Generosity is never inappropriate. I support Toys For Tots ever year, and I urge everyone who reads this to do so.
swat274
Posted 2003-10-25 10:54 PM (#202511 - in reply to #202507)

Tony...I support our warriors in ALL their endeavors. The effort and tradition of the USMC in Toys for Tots is not lost on me, & I participate yearly. God bless you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your service. Tomorrow, I'm going with my daughter to take sandwiches to the homeless in downtown Dallas for the Berkner HS Key Club. Afterward, I'm coming home to have a beer & thank God for what I have.
KD Cain
Richardson TX PD
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-10-25 11:18 PM (#202512 - in reply to #202507)

Oceanside is the city outside of Camp Pendleton. After the first Gulf War, they had a parade for the returning troops (can't forget our Navy corpsman and doctors.) Hard for some of the Vietnam veterans but healing for many. The city made it a recognition for them also, long overdue.

Today, they had an estimated 20,000 men and women of the 1st Marine Division that have returned home marching through the city. No other parade participants except some high school bands.

Welcome home. However, still need to remember we have a lot of our men and women still in harm's way. My nephew with the Army's 4th CAV has orders to Iraq.

Still remember back in 1983 at a family get-together for the battalion when (3) 6-strings and my 12-string (all Ovations) played the Marine Corps Hymn...and a few other songs. 1st (and only time) I ever had our color guard march to bagpipes (Seaforth Regiment from Canada sent down the their pipers.)

Semper Fi...
swat274
Posted 2003-10-26 10:51 PM (#202513 - in reply to #202507)

....those boys & girls are ALWAYS in my prayers. We HAD to take the fight to those bastards who have been slaughtring innocents since the 60's....let 'em know we're not puttin' up with anymore shiite....
KD :mad:
Stevechapman
Posted 2003-10-27 10:00 AM (#202514 - in reply to #202507)

I work for a group of Radio Stations and all of them are tied into great Christmas Time Charities.
The Country Station Does Toys For Tots
The Oldies Station does The Salvation Army as A Special Christmas promotion Called Larry's Kids.
The Staion adopts Families Selected By The Salvation Army and we Shop for the Kids-so they can have Christmas.
The Other 3 stations do The Salvation Army Bell Ringining.
Christmas is a season for giving and with the aid of such great organizations-we are able to make sure that families not only get toys for their children-but Clothing and shelter they may need-if they are put out on the street.
I gladdly support these organizations and ask all fan Club members to do the same.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)