The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Would either of these be a great 3rd guitar?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

biglouis
Posted 2003-10-27 12:29 PM (#202386)
Subject: Would either of these be a great 3rd guitar?

I've been thinking about getting a "knock-about" guitar, one that I can leave permanently out so I can pick it up when ever I have the muse. And one I can take with me into school to knock about with the kids. I started out thinking about getting (gulp!) a Yamaha Silent Guitar (for a number of reasons I won't even begin to expand on). Now, I'm beginning to think about getting a cheap Ovation from the US and having it shipped over to blighty. There are three which have caught my eye on e-Bay and I'd welcome any feedback or opinions about these three instruments. By the way my style is folk, folk/rock and a bit of jazz.

1. Ovation 1612 Custom Balladeer

web page

2. Ovation 1617 Legend Guitar

web page

3. Ovation 1617 Legend Guitar

This one has some cosmetic faults and a bad repair to the headstock (like, I care!), so it seems a particularly good buy for the purpose.

web page

TIA for any views
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nils
Posted 2003-10-27 8:55 PM (#202387 - in reply to #202386)
Subject: Re: Would either of these be a great 3rd guitar?

It says $549 is his reserve on the 1612. I just bought a pretty nice 1612 for $361 & I could have gotten it for a few bucks less if I had been paying a little better attention. This is at least the second time through the bay for this one at $549.
I think I would go for the $250 1617 if it was me, since now the other one is gone :) All the sellers have excellent feedback.

My two cents...

/\/\/
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-10-27 9:13 PM (#202388 - in reply to #202386)

I agree with Nils. The 2nd Legend is a good deal, especially for a third guitar. Who cares about the chip off the headstock. And, it's got the A bracing pattern as opposed to the VT-11 (?) of the older Legend. Big big difference in acoustic sound. A big improvement. If you can get it for anything under $350, it will be a steal (assuming of course that the only defects are the ones listed -- your mileage may vary).
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-10-28 4:18 AM (#202389 - in reply to #202386)

Big L, I have a couple of cheap Ovations available, a Custom Balladeer & an Elite Standard, which will be around the same or less than the cost of importing one when you take into account shipping VAT & import duty. Email me off the board for details
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)