The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Page 146 Guitar Player

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-10-30 6:05 PM (#202262 - in reply to #202237)
Subject: Re: Page 146 Guitar Player

Let's not get hung-up on the slothead thing. The bridge position created by a 12-fret neck is equally, if not more influential on the sound. BUT... in the current market where 14-fret cutaways are the norm & 12-frets are loved by vintage guitar freaks who HATE Ovations, the 12-fret neck might actually work against this guitar, regardless of how great it may sound. Most guitar buyers are pretty fucking stupid & it's only the enlightened who buy with their ears, rather than what the guitar mags, the latest endorsee or their peers tell them is hip. I sincerley hope I'm very wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bailey
Posted 2003-10-31 2:28 AM (#202263 - in reply to #202237)
Subject: Re: Page 146 Guitar Player

Paul

For once you probably are, the reviews have been positive. I don't know if the sales will be barn burning, but this may establish Ovation as the acoustic guitar producer to beat. There is nothing like a superior acoustic to remind us players why we chose guitar, or the listeners why they love guitar.

Bailey
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)