The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Help!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

fonzie83
Posted 2003-10-30 12:20 PM (#202126)
Subject: Help!!

Hey everyone, I just registered, whoohooo. I could really use some help and it seemed like there are some very knowledgeable people on here. My deal is I just recieved a Gibson Viper that's in rough shape. Well the body, neck, pegs are all in good conditions, but the pickguard is broken, and the electronic parts are just hanging out, it still has what I believe are the original pickups. I was wondering if anyone would have some info on what kinda pickups a 70's viper would have, and if where I could find schematics to maybe rewire this thing up. Also any place I could find good pickguards(preferably cheap, poor college student here). I would really appreciate any help.

Fonzie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-10-30 12:42 PM (#202127 - in reply to #202126)
Subject: Re: Help!!

"Gibson" Viper??????????? Shome mishtake surely.

The Ovation Viper like all USA-made Ovation solids had proprietary Ovation pickups. The Viper used single-coils, and very good they are, too. Wiring is simple, try a google search on something like "guitar wiring" and you'll find loads of schematics for wiring a 2-pickup, 3-way switch, 2-knob set-up.

Ovation customer service has stocks of new old-stock pickguards, WD products make a repro.
fonzie83
Posted 2003-10-30 10:35 PM (#202128 - in reply to #202126)

Ya I'm just retarded, I meant Ovation Viper.
Bailey
Posted 2003-10-31 2:09 AM (#202129 - in reply to #202126)

fonzie83

Welcome to the board, the Ovation factory has, or had, the replacement pick gaurds as one of our prominent members took advantage of. But, if you get one, don't forget to remove the unsightly plastic protective covering before you complain about how bad it looks. I have a Viper and I love it.

Bailey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)