The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
A good day

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Nils
Posted 2003-10-31 11:46 PM (#202030)
Subject: A good day

I went & bought an amp today. I haven't figured out all the bells & whistles on it yet, but I like it. It's a 35 watt Genz Benz unit & ended up costing me ten bucks a watt :) Two main channels & a mic channel & a mixer output & line output
(I think that's what they are anyway.) One ten inch woofer & a comp tweeter. At least that's what it says in the manual. It has all the power I think I will need for the foreseeable future. I really like the fact that it has a 3 band EQ with sweepable mids. The "sweepable mids" is one of the things I haven't quite figured out yet. Steven showed me what it does & why, but I haven't been able to turn it up enough to make discernable adjustments for my various guitars here at home. The EQ works great though, & it makes up for the lack of same on my 1612 (it helps out my old 175 a lot too). I used to think "acoustic amplifier" was kind of an oxymoron but guess the only moron was me. It does still sound very nice at very low volume as well, that's a plus. Not too big, not too heavy, not too spendy, I'm likin' it :) I can't wait to crank it up with the 1858 plugged into it! That's gunna be fun!
I had a good day all the way around today actually.
My new hot-rod Dell computer arrived today as well. Which is rather surprising, since I just ordered it Tuesday. I ordered it with quite a few upgrades & it came with everything I asked for. I ordered online & according to the info I got when I ordered it they estimated I would have it Nov 6th. (next Thursday). It arrived at the body shop this morning (!)in two big boxes. When I got home at noon & packed it in the house I had an email from Dell that said my machine was assembled & shipped Oct 30 & should arrive within 1-5 business days! They weren't foolin'! I have no idea how they did that, but if the Dell computer is half as fast as the Dell assembly & shipping department this thing should haul ass! It should haul ass anyway, I started out with the top of the line machine & by the time I added the *necessary* hardware/software upgrades I had doubled the price. :eek:
Oh well. One of the things I upgraded was the recording software. Another was adding a RWDVD/CD burner setup. Maybe I can do a little better at recording, my first attempt was rather ghastly.
(ask Miles :) )
The new mirrors for my swing-arm shovelhead got here today too, and on top of that it was PAYDAY ! :)

Life is good :)

/\/\/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-01 1:02 AM (#202031 - in reply to #202030)
Subject: Re: A good day

good for you...
Paul Wag
Posted 2003-11-01 1:52 PM (#202032 - in reply to #202030)

Nils, my band mate, Dale, has the same amp. I liked the sound so much I have the Shenandoah (I got to looking at the web site and am now not sure if it is the 85 or 100) in lay away - hope to get it out by payday and use it for the couple of gigs we have this month.

Enjoy!

Dell's are excellent boxes too!!
alpep
Posted 2003-11-01 2:04 PM (#202033 - in reply to #202030)

did you say body shop?

if we can get my 68 pontiac to oregon maybe you can have more ovations then you will ever need
Nils
Posted 2003-11-02 12:41 AM (#202034 - in reply to #202030)

Thanks Tony :)
Paul, I'm really pleased with this little amp so far, although I still really haven't gotten to play with it much. They had the Jr's bigger brother over there too, it was 100 watts (at about $7.50/ watt, apparently watts are like Cheerios- cheaper if you buy the big box). I don't need that much amp, but it was really nice. I don't think there was a lot of difference in sound between the two at the volume levels I'll be using, but I'm sure the big'un would blow the Jr. outa the room if you turned it up.
I went over & played with some of the folks from Bend today at a private residence. Great people but there were way too many of them in too small of an area. There must have been at least 40 people in there. It was a large open house, but not large enough for me. We were crammed in there like sardines.
I went past the turnoff to the house the first time & ran smack into a traffic jam caused by a wreck. Took 15 minutes to get to where I thought I wanted to go, just to discover I had to turn around & go back through the same mess to get back to the turnoff. It was an omen.
The first thing I did when I got there was carry in my 1612, set it down, turn around & walk straight into the cleanest damned sliding door I've ever not seen. Damn near knocked myself out. Didn't make a good impression, but I sure made a good face print on the glass. It was funny as hell I'm sure, but now I have a big purple nose & two black eyes. Lovely. At least I didn't break their door.
Now if I can figure out how to get the new Dell hooked up to the cable modem & get ten years worth of *stuff* moved onto it via ZIP drive I'll be set. If I disappear for a while that will be why. So far my old machine is still working online (more or less) but at the rate I'm going today that could change. Yesterday was too good :)
Al, more Ovations would be nice, but your Pontiac is a looong ways from Oregon.

Life is still good, except for my schnooz! :rolleyes:

/\/\/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)