The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
David Cassady playing an Ovation?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Bailey
Posted 2003-11-01 1:57 AM (#202017)
Subject: David Cassady playing an Ovation?

LA Channel KTLA 5 interviewed David Cassidy tonight about a fund raiser he was going to do for the fire victims. They showed a brief shot of him as a child star on the TV series and I swear it looked like he was playing an Ovation bass, I wasn't a fan of the series so I'm throwing it out there for comment.

Bailey (I reviewed all the posts tonight and restrained myself from joining the frey, or freying the join, whatever. It took all of my self control and I am proud not to have gotten involved with such erudite opinions and showing my ignorance. YOU'RE WRONG, YOU ARE ALL WRONG. I can sleep well knowing I haven't insulted anybody.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-11-01 8:56 AM (#202018 - in reply to #202017)
Subject: Re: David Cassady playing an Ovation?

I swear Bailey, you're going to have a heart attack or get an ulcer holding it in like that. You have just got to learn to let it out.

I'm embarassed to say that I know that the Partridge Family tv show had all of their instruments (after the first 1/2 or full season) provided by Ovation. It was the only reason I ever looked at that show (even today). Cassidy played a Legend for acoustic, and first a Thead, then a Deacan for electric. Danny Bonaduce played the Ovation basee (from the Storm series -- I'm too lazy right now to check catalogs and look up which one).
Jeff
Posted 2003-11-01 2:35 PM (#202019 - in reply to #202017)

Paul,

I used to watch it for the Ovations too... and Susan Dey... My first crush (I was 12!)

Jeff
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-02 12:41 AM (#202020 - in reply to #202017)

Good to know, around then I was watching the Glen Campbell Good Time Hour for the pickin'. I came about it honestly as I was a big fan of the Smothers Brothers and it segeued into the GC show.
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-11-02 9:34 AM (#202021 - in reply to #202017)

Geez....I used to watch the Partridge Family to see Shirley Jones...and I was 17!!!! Was I warped or what??? Ovations? There were Ovations?
swat274
Posted 2003-11-02 11:52 PM (#202022 - in reply to #202017)

I watched all those shows! Mrs. Partridge was very boffable. I didn't like Susan Dey til the 90's. Loved the Glen Campbell show - but would REALLY like to see the Smothers on Re-Run!
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-03 12:45 AM (#202023 - in reply to #202017)

Swat274

You might look around the web, I vaguely recall that some of the Smothers Brothers tapes might be available. They have been on TV recently promoting something.
alpep
Posted 2003-11-03 6:38 AM (#202024 - in reply to #202017)

funny how no one mentions the little girl with the tambourine
Standingovation
Posted 2003-11-03 6:54 AM (#202025 - in reply to #202017)

Did anyone catch David Cassidy on the "Malcomb In The Middle" show last week? He played some cheezy Las Vegas night club singer. Oh, wait a minute - that's his standard act these days.

As far as the little girl with the tamborine ... I heard that old Rubin Kinkade almost did hard time over that one! Personally I was a Susan Day wanker. Until I saw the "L.A. Law" reunion show a few years ago. I think Susan is puhing 50 and all I can say is that like an Ovation Legend left outside in the elements, this one didn't age very gracefully.

Dave
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-11-03 9:33 AM (#202026 - in reply to #202017)

I saw David Cassidy on Fox news last Friday evening. He's actually got his head together. He's working on relief funds for fire victims. And when he was asked about celebs who think they know enough to shoot their mouths off about world affairs, his reply was basically that celebs don't know sqwat and should keep their mouths shut.

Very refreshing.
stonebobbo
Posted 2003-11-03 9:44 AM (#202027 - in reply to #202017)

Cassidy sang "God Bless America" during the seventh inning stretch at a recent World Series game in Florida. He did an outstanding job.

He's beginning to look more and more like his old man.
alpep
Posted 2003-11-03 9:50 AM (#202028 - in reply to #202017)

Originally posted by stonebobbo:
Cassidy sang "God Bless America" during the seventh inning stretch at a recent World Series game in Florida. He did an outstanding job.

He's beginning to look more and more like his old man.

as long as he does not flip out like the old man he will be fine.
Stevechapman
Posted 2003-11-03 11:52 AM (#202029 - in reply to #202017)

I'm not ashamed to say that I have been a
David Cassidy fan for a very long time!
Sure we all got to know him from The Partridge Family, but the man is actually very talented- he's an excellent songwriter who along with his wife has written tunes for Asia, Cher, and Even KISS. That's along way from the pop stuff he was mostly known for. After The Show Went Off The air- He continued to write and record-and showed that His Personal Taste in Music and his craft was Much Different from What he was Mostly Know For.
He's recording again and He is touing again! He'll be in Fayetteville, NC on December 5th.
The show ( The Partidge Family) was just a show the whole family could watch. And there were lots of Ovation Products Displayed! :cool:
For Me it's just a nice piece of Nostalgia.
Everyone Have a Nice Day
:)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)