The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
CC-65 QUESTION

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Norseman1
Posted 2003-11-03 12:14 PM (#201889)
Subject: CC-65 QUESTION

I have a CC-65 (I believe that's the number) 12 string. Bought it last June from "Mr. Golf" who posts here.

The guitar is in very nice condition. My only complaint is that it has very little bass. Plugged in, it sounds like the pick-up doesn't even pick up the bass E. I noticed the under saddle pick-up installs almost directly under the low E string, probably explaining why it is not picking up well. It is a batteryless pick-up. Any ideas on how I could get it to pick up the low end better? If not, anybody interested in a CC-65 very reasonably priced?

Norse(nothing fun to add here, especially after the Vikings blew that game to the Packers last night)man1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-11-03 2:20 PM (#201890 - in reply to #201889)
Subject: Re: CC-65 QUESTION

Norse, if there's no preamp you'll get very little bass response because the pickup is being loaded-down by the input impedance of whatever you plug into. The basic rule is that the input impedance of the amp must be higher than the output impedance of the source. Piezo p/us have a very high output impedance which causes a mismatch with most inputs. A pre-amp will cure that. But, if the string-to string balance is uneven then that's a whole different problem, which is tricky to diagnose & fix. Likely culprit is that the bottom of the saddle-slot is uneven, or any shims in there are uneven
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)