The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
VXT, the first 24 hours...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

Damon67
Posted 2008-10-30 1:25 AM (#14423)
Subject: VXT, the first 24 hours...

Originally posted in different thread by Mark in Boise:
Quit dicking around with it and play it so you can give us a review
I took your advise Mark. Been playing it since my last post. Dialed in a nice tone on the AC60, then used my lil ol' Crate G40CXL (small SS amp with 2 10" Celestions and a great sound) for the electric side.

The results were fantastic, and plenty loud enough to do at the bar I think. There are some original pieces that have both acoustic and heavy electric parts, and this thing switches between the sounds like no other so called "hybrid" I've ever heard. The Taylor T5 can't get the tones these Duncans do. I also popped the RC-20XL LOOP station into the acoustic side, and started doing this looping thing I've been working on. I gotta say, blending in a bit of electric in the parts that I'm doing over the acoustic loop come through so much better to my ear. I tried it all acoustic after, and it sounded weak and boring.

My initial "had it for a day" review. The VXT KICKS ASS!!! period (and yeah, a polishing cloth should always be nearby for the black ones)

It would never replace the UKII as my go to electric, but for doing live work where you could use both sounds in the same song, man, this thing is really good. The blending option is really what sets it apart though. Just a "scosh" (couldn't help myself) of a turn towards the electric side gives you a nice and full acoustic lead tone that will cut through the mix nicely.

I'll try to get pics, video, and sound up by this weekend. Stay tuned...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ProfessorBB
Posted 2008-10-30 8:52 AM (#14424 - in reply to #14423)
Subject: Re: VXT, the first 24 hours...

I found the same thing, Damon, that adding just a bit of electric to the acoustic side adds just a little edge to acoustic leads. I dial it in somewhere between full acoustic and the 50% indent spot. I'd be curious how different the standard spruce tops sound against my Koa top.
mtnbikerfred
Posted 2008-10-30 2:07 PM (#14425 - in reply to #14423)
Subject: Re: VXT, the first 24 hours...

Again, I say:

The true beauty of the VXT is not *just* it's electric or acoustic voice, but the ability to blend them. Try playing the Duncans through the clean acoustic amp, or the acoustic image through the dirty electric amp, then blend back towards the middle and you'll find some awesome tones in there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)