The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Celebrity @ Guitar Center

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Slipkid
Posted 2003-11-07 3:30 PM (#201627)
Subject: Celebrity @ Guitar Center

A Celebrity caught my eye at the GC yesterday. Sales dude said it was made special for GC only. It was red with a very faint metal flake on the headstock. The top was nicely grained and the lenght of the neck was inlayed. I was a real looker.
I want to wait & see the new models that are coming out and a USA made Elite is my plan but this one had me thinking.
I guess my point is that an Ovation, no matter where it is made, can be a fine instrument.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-11-08 11:19 PM (#201628 - in reply to #201627)
Subject: Re: Celebrity @ Guitar Center

It certainly can. My CC01 is proof of that. The U.S. guitars do sound a little better, but my CC01 is still pretty good. I played in a noon jam session at work Friday with it, and a coworker with a late 80s Custom Legend was very impressed with the sound I was getting out of a $300 guitar!
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-09 1:00 AM (#201629 - in reply to #201627)

When all is said and done, it is how a guitar sounds that counts. Where it was made is only important as a guide to where good sound might be, but all American mades will not sound perfect and all Koreans sound bad. The key is to try out anything you are going to buy, but if you can't (such as on Ebay) then buying known quality is best. If you walk into a store and a well made Celebrity sounds like what you want, it certainly will save some bucks and do the job. I bought Japanese made Yamakis in the 70s because they cost a third of the price of an American acoustic and I had to buy for my sons and myself, and they turned out to be great guitars. I also bought an Japanese Epiphone bass that had been modified with Schaller tuning pegs and a Gibson bridge that worked great for half the price of an American bass, it had been traded in on a Fender bass and I bought it the day before its previous owner was back in the store wanting it back.

Bailey
Todd
Posted 2003-11-16 8:26 PM (#201630 - in reply to #201627)

If its the one in the October Guitar center catalogue, I bought it and its great. I just posted about the Flamed Sycamore top, I should have also mentioned the abalone inlay along the edges of the FRETBOARD. I have never seen that on any guitar. Oh yeah, for the Korean vs. American snobs out there, my other accoustic (no electronics) guitar is a Custom Shop Martin, so whats yer point.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-11-16 8:37 PM (#201631 - in reply to #201627)

Originally posted by Todd:
I should have also mentioned the abalone inlay along the edges of the FRETBOARD. I have never seen that on any guitar.

Check out the 30th anniversary Elites, Vipers & Mandos.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)