The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

chelsea
Posted 2011-09-25 1:04 PM (#796)
Subject: new member

It's been a lo-ong time coming! Always liked 12 strings so got a Yamaha but traded it in for a sweet-sounding Fender Montaro.
After a few years the 12-string yearning returned. Never thought I'd find a good Ovation but then a used 12-string Legend (1156) turned up and, even tho' it has a crack on the front, it was quite irresistable!
Got it with original brown hard-case that has seen better days, and a Planet Waves humidifier that fits in the sound hole. This seems to be keeping the crack in check (previous owner said the crack had been there for years)I am in the Middle East near the sea but the guitar stays in its case and is played in air-conditioned environments
This beauty plays like a dream and has an easy action that lets you enjoy it for hours!
The original preamp has been removed and replaced with an L.R. Baggs i-beam onboard system. Haven't tried it amplified yet but can't wait to try.
Any info, tips or correspondence regarding this beauty will be much appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)