The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
How to insure?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

GaryinMichigan
Posted 2003-11-16 6:15 AM (#201032)
Subject: How to insure?

I am basking in the pleasant happenstance of having come into possession of an Ovation Celebrity CC026-4 guitar, signed by Melissa Etheridge. I am definitely not looking to sell it, but as it came my way via a silent auction, I am not sure for what value I should insure it. My current best info is that the unsigned version would retail for $450. Friends have told me a wide range of prices, but I do not take them to be knowledgeable in the genre. Any insight would be of help. Again, I am not looking to part company with it, but would like to have the peace of mind of having it properly insured. Thanks for any insight. 15Nov03
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2003-11-16 6:28 AM (#201033 - in reply to #201032)
Subject: Re: How to insure?

Interesting question.... Autographs generally don't increase the value of a guitar much, if at all. One way to evaluate your guitar is to get a sense of the value of the guitar, itself, and then see what M.E. autographed pictures are selling for and add them together. ;)

There are always exceptions to the above rule of thumb. A Vox Phantom autographed by Brian Jones is likely to fetch a fair penny. (It dates me that I can remember seeing him play one when the Stones had one of their first American TV appearaances.)
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-11-16 10:34 AM (#201034 - in reply to #201032)
Subject: Re: How to insure?

Be VERY careful of autographs. I have seen MANY fakes on eBay and elsewhere. This I think my comment is significant is I'm not an autograph hound as such. Over the years, I have gotten signatures of artists whom I met. Within that VERY small list I have seen fakes, and most of these artists were never super super stars. So what I'm saying is if I can spot a fake, there must be Gazillions of them out there. Beware.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)