The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
NEW PURCHASE

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

JOHNNY TREMAIN
Posted 2003-11-16 10:24 AM (#201020)
Subject: NEW PURCHASE

Hello,

I'm new to this site. I've enjoyed browsing around. It is very informative and interesting. I'm a big fan of Ovation guitars and Glen Campbell.

I recently purchased (Nov. 2003) a new Korean made Ovation Celebrity. Does anyone know what date it was manufactured on?

MAKE – OVATION
MODEL – CS257 – VY
SERIAL NUMBER - 3109815

I'm also interested in the 2004 Convention & Factory Tour. Does anyone know if there is a cost (besides the hotel) to attend this function?

Thank you very much in advance.

Johnny
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-11-16 10:35 AM (#201021 - in reply to #201020)
Subject: Re: NEW PURCHASE

Johnny:

Welcome to the site. You'll have a great time here.

Unfortuneatly, the serial numbers that date USA made Ovations don't apply to the Korean models. Outside of looking thru old catalogs and trying to find something distinctive you can hang your on, there's just no way to date when your Celeb was built.

As far as I know, get yourself to the OFC gathering, pay for your hotel, and you're done with costs, outside of food and drink.
JOHNNY TREMAIN
Posted 2003-11-18 4:11 PM (#201022 - in reply to #201020)

Thank you for replying. Your answer to my question seems to be the norm. It's too bad in a way. The Korean Celebrity I have has a beautiful sound and I'm very pleased with the action.

I have a Japanese Strat. which is slowly becoming Americanized. Just put in three new 50's Fats pickups, new pots and tremolo bar/bridge. The band I play in plays a lot of surfing music and music by The Shadows. I wasn't getting the sound I was looking for with the factory installed pickups. The neck is maple and a sunburst body. It sounds great and the neck it came with has unbelievable action.

I can honestly say the Asians most certainly have an edge in the music industry.

Thanks again.

Johnny
Stevechapman
Posted 2003-11-18 4:19 PM (#201023 - in reply to #201020)

Johnny,
Congrats on your new Ovation. Post some pics in the gallery if you get a chance. we all seem to let our mouths water over every collection listed.
Congrats again and welcome aboard.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)