The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
glad to join the club, but some questions

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

saif
Posted 2003-11-18 12:49 PM (#200876)
Subject: glad to join the club, but some questions

hey guys, i just bought the Black Ovation Applause. and am glad to join the Ovation club.

i noticed that it has a passive pickup named OP2B. now i am thinking. are these pickups changeable? can i change it to a OP 30 preamp? is it possible? or should i get a decent acoustic amp, as the present preamp is bright, but i need some more tweaking, ;) .

thanks, and am proud to be an Ovation owner (doesent matter if it's an Applause. does it?)

cheers

saif
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-11-18 2:03 PM (#200877 - in reply to #200876)
Subject: Re: glad to join the club, but some questions

Welcome. And from your enthusiasm I would say it doesn't matter that you have an Applause. I would guess you will grow out of it as you get better, but it's a great start.

As far as switching the pre-Amps, I don't think they are interchangeable. I think you would be happier if you just kept your eyes open for a model that has the pre-amp you are interested in. Used Ovations, that aren't collectible, can be had at a good price.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-11-18 2:38 PM (#200878 - in reply to #200876)
Subject: Re: glad to join the club, but some questions

The Applause has a thinline pickup but doesn't actually have a preamp, The Op2B is a passive volume & tone control, an external preamp, such as an LR Baggs or Fishman will significantly improve the plugged-in sound of your guitar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)