The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
U.S. Ovations come with cases?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-11-18 4:42 PM (#200869)
Subject: U.S. Ovations come with cases?

Hi all,

Just thought I'd throw something out....the salesman at the dealer that sold me my Adamas ME 12-string told me that all U.S. Ovations come WITH hard cases to the dealer. If you DON'T get a case, it means that the dealer "stole" the case and sold it separately(or is hoping to charge you additional for it). At least this is what I was told.

When I bought my Celebrity CC01 a couple of months ago, I bought a mid-/deep-bowl hard case at another dealer from the one I bought the guitar from (that dealer didn't have any cases). When I got the case home and looked closely at it, there was an owner's manual in the storage box, plus a truss rod wrench, and the warranty paperwork for a Legend with serial number and everything(the dealer had no Legends when I bought the case....it apparently had already been sold).

Just curious about everyone's thoughts and experience, and if anyone can tell us what the truth really is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2003-11-18 6:06 PM (#200870 - in reply to #200869)
Subject: Re: U.S. Ovations come with cases?

Usa ovations are sold with cases but it is my understanding that certain dealers buying quantities that are large can get guitars without cases. My salesman could not qualify that statement. the catalog is confusing some guitars are priced with case some without.

imports are sold without cases.
samova
Posted 2003-11-18 7:54 PM (#200871 - in reply to #200869)

This is one of the tricks of Guitar Center.They take the Ovation guitars out of the case when they display them.Then they sell you the case that is supposed to come with the Ovation for $85-$100..When Mars was in business they would include the case..
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-11-19 5:27 AM (#200872 - in reply to #200869)

Thanks to both of you for your postings. I indeed had to buy the case for my Celebrity because it did not come with one(and Elderly didn't have any to sell). My salesman also did say that selling you the case that you were supposed to get is a common Guitar Center trick. Another good reason to not buy guitars there, and to buy from reputable dealers like Al.
alpep
Posted 2003-11-19 7:54 AM (#200873 - in reply to #200869)

many times the "free case" you get with the guitar is NOT the ovation case but a cheap substitute. This is the practice of many of the big box places
SteveL778
Posted 2003-11-20 10:49 AM (#200874 - in reply to #200869)

My Elite that I purchased from Litz music did not come with a case. I ordered the case as per the part # on the Ovation website.
rexx
Posted 2003-11-30 9:51 AM (#200875 - in reply to #200869)

Yes it is true, the high dollar USA models are "priced" with a case. When you see the price tag, it might say something like $869. The receipt will show something like $800 for guitar, $69 for case plus your tax. It works out in the end.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)