The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Sudden Influx

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

stonebobbo
Posted 2003-11-19 10:29 PM (#200862 - in reply to #200837)
Subject: Re: Sudden Influx

I travel quite a bit to earn the money to support my habits ... so its likely my logons are credited to many places across the US, and sometimes The Netherlands and France. I have gone months without posting, but only because I don't have anything intelligent to add to the discussion. That doesn't mean I don't read the posts regularly; it's unusual if I go more than a week to see what folks are saying.

When I joined the board, it was to see if if I could repair a neck on my first Ovation. At that time, all I really knew about Ovations was that I really liked playing them, I really liked the way they sounded, and I was regularly chided by the box folks to buy a real guitar.

I will admit that I was intimidated by the knowledge of the core group that post here ... and felt that by simply posting something I would bare my ignorance to the world. I suspect there are many people who read the posts and feel the same way. The statistics Miles posted might support this perspective. However I am getting over my insecurity and go ahead and post anyway, regardless how stupid I might appear.

I'm just a recreational player who loves to write music, and play and sing with abandon regardless of the pain it causes for those within earshot. It took a long time for me to realize that the vast majority of the registered members are probably people just like me. I hope the "lurkers" out there can at least post a "Hi!" once in a while, or even a quick jibe or anecdote.

Miles and Al, I thank you both for selflessly investing your time and money to bring this board to where it is. I have learned a lot about Ovations, the culture, and the people who made the mark what it is today. It is truly a great story, and the more I learn, the more I appreciate how Charlie and Bill were able to turn a vision into reality -- against all popular conventions and odds. The OFC is a place for me to connect while I'm away from home, my family, and my Ovations. And I can't wait to get home Friday and open up the box with my "new" Viper bass inside!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark1960
Posted 2003-11-19 11:21 PM (#200863 - in reply to #200837)
Subject: Re: Sudden Influx

I appreciate the diversity here and the effort that goes into making this work. You have professionals, beginners, young, old....people with awesome guitar collections and people with just one Celebrity or Applause....and yet all are treated pretty much the same. We all love music and love our Ovations...it's a common bond. It's a great resource for learning/sharing and a fun place to visit. I'm glad I found it. I want to thank the guys/gals with the knowledge and experience who never seem to get tired of sharing it and never make the newbies feel stupid for asking.

peace,
mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)