The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Made in America show times

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-11-19 12:47 AM (#200817)
Subject: Made in America show times

Here are the times for the Aaron Tippin's Made in America Ovation factory tour on GAC "Great American Country" channel: November 19th...4pm
November 22nd...2pm
November 24th...1am

It didn't specify, but I think these are eastern time zone times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-19 1:03 AM (#200818 - in reply to #200817)
Subject: Re: Made in America show times

Has anyone seen it? Is it worth the effort to sign up for the channel. Out in San Diego, Cox offers it for add'l price even though we have digital and a huge number of stations. Went out on the channel's website and it looked similar to CMT - mostly videos.
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-19 2:05 AM (#200819 - in reply to #200817)

Dang

I can't even get the channel for extra money.

Tony and all

Have you noticed that the cable channels keep moving anything that we might want to watch on to the extra money channels? All the racing that I liked is now on Speed, a channel that would cost me $20 more a month. Cable is beating regulation by dumbing down the basic channels.
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-11-19 5:37 AM (#200820 - in reply to #200817)

Bailey, you're generally right, but the racing is pretty much on Speed channel because ESPN doesn't want to pay for it anymore. Fox/FX/NBC/TNT has NASCAR locked up, with Speed paying for rebroadcasts, so ESPN pretends that racing doesn't exist(well, OK, the NASCAR combine does lock them out by not giving them access to highlights and interviews). The other circuits, IRL, CART, ASA, are pretty much small potatoes rating-wise(except for the Indy 500).
richardd
Posted 2003-11-19 6:26 AM (#200821 - in reply to #200817)

If anyone has access to this program, I'd love to get a copy on video.

I have a copy of an Ovation promo video from the 90's which I'd happily exchange.
xnoel
Posted 2003-11-19 7:45 AM (#200822 - in reply to #200817)

I have watched some of the other Made In America shows that Tippen has hosted. They have all been interesting, with tours of the facilities, talking with managers and people who do the actual work. Usually with Tippen taking a hand in some facet of the process.

Whether it would be worth paying for access, I can't say. I will see if I can get my son to tape it.

Noel
xnoel
Posted 2003-11-19 7:48 AM (#200823 - in reply to #200817)

Sorry, I spelled his name wrong.

Noel
cliff
Posted 2003-11-19 9:31 AM (#200824 - in reply to #200817)

SCREW Cable!!

Get to see, hear, feel, and smell the factory in person! Meet the lady that did the intricate inlay work on your CustomLegend. Shake the hand of the guy that carved the neck for your Elite.
Talk to the person that trimmed the binding on your Legend's neck. See how a CherryBurst finsh is accomplished.

So far, we've just surpassed last year's attendance, . . . and there's still around four months left to go! Sign up now and make the committment, and use the four months to work out the finances/logistics. Believe me, it's WORTH it!!

How cool would it be if Ovation issued a press release and a photo to the trade magazines that the Tour involved a HUNDRED and FIFTY people!

". . I love the smell of Bowl Paint in the morning . . . . it smells like "Victory" . . ."
alpep
Posted 2003-11-19 9:34 AM (#200825 - in reply to #200817)

[
". . I love the smell of Bowl Paint in the morning . . . . it smells like "Victory" . . ."[/QB]

I love the smell of binary resin in the morning !!!!
Stevechapman
Posted 2003-11-19 10:16 AM (#200826 - in reply to #200817)

If you bottle the scent of the two we could sell it as part of the inventory of the ofc Store :D
an4340
Posted 2003-11-19 10:23 AM (#200827 - in reply to #200817)

Oh yeah, I've seen this show. He goes thru the whole production process. I saw the one where he goes thru a neon sign factory. I actually sat thru the whole thing. He gives a lot of history and the art of doing whatever they're making. It's one of the few interesting shows. 4PM. Today. mmh. Looks like I'll be going home for lunch. On the issue of cable, it really is a vast monopolistic wasteland. I can get hundreds of channels and nothing's on. Well, all except very few shows. Bruce Springsteen was right.
richardd
Posted 2003-11-19 6:17 PM (#200828 - in reply to #200817)

"SCREW cable, SIGN UP for the Tour in March!!!"

Well I'd love to come but it's a hell of a trip from Australia.

Still after a copy of the video guys.
an4340
Posted 2003-11-20 9:38 AM (#200829 - in reply to #200817)

Brief review. It gets an "A". At the end, the host reveals that he is an enthusiastic fan of ovation guitars. The tour itself lasts only about 15 minutes, the rest of the time is filled with commercials and videos. Videos aren't bad. Lots of teles :) . But back to ovations. I love wood working and I wish they could've lingered more at each stage of the construction process. But for someone whose not a guitar or wood working nut (like most of the people on these board, and I say nut in a positive way), it brings home the point that the ovation guitar is made with quality materials (I was impressed with the wood selection and treatment) and constructed in a high quality manner. This was great PR for Ovation. (The boss owes the PR person who set this up a lunch!)
xnoel
Posted 2003-11-20 3:18 PM (#200830 - in reply to #200817)

Richardd

My son said he will set up and record this show on Saturday. He has one of those machines that records digitally and then he can put it on tape. He is going to make 3 copies and edit out the commercials and other videos unless you would like to have the music videos. When this all gets done I will send one to you if someone hasn't already done so.

You can send me your address when he gets this all done.
Noel
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-11-20 4:08 PM (#200831 - in reply to #200817)

I would love to get a copy of this if possible. I can also record tape to tape, so if need be, I can make several copies for others.
xnoel
Posted 2003-11-20 5:53 PM (#200832 - in reply to #200817)

Maybe I'll have him make 6 copies! Then someone else can make some copies. Whatever, we'll get it done.

Noel
Chuck (Retired Navy)
Posted 2003-11-20 6:16 PM (#200833 - in reply to #200817)

I would like to get on the list to view the tape or disk whenever possible. I don't know if I will be able to make the trip to the factory at this time. My retirement from the Navy will be on 2 April, with the major focus on a new job search beginning right away. I plan on moving my family to the St. Louis area in June after school is out here. Anyone here have any good job tips for the St. Louis area?
JohnnyMac
Posted 2003-11-20 8:23 PM (#200834 - in reply to #200817)

Perhaps the highly skilled technical staff at the OFC Store would be oh-so-cool and provide DVDs or VCRs for the nominal fee they are already famous for. :D A great stocking stuffer!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)