The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Brown Case Flat Feet

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

seesquare
Posted 2003-11-21 5:27 PM (#200602)
Subject: Brown Case Flat Feet

Anybody got, or heard, any clever tricks regarding "reinflating" the little metal buttons on old brown hardshell cases? I was thinking of using some of that insulation foam that you squirt out of a can, but it might not be rigid enough after it sets. I'm sure I can live with a couple of punched-in feet on the otherwise, perfectly serviceable case. Maybe just a little light on my medications this afternoon, i.e., "C'mon, Chris, haven't you got bigger things you worry about?!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2003-11-21 5:41 PM (#200603 - in reply to #200602)
Subject: Re: Brown Case Flat Feet

I wouldn't waste my time on this. Dave
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-21 5:55 PM (#200604 - in reply to #200602)

Chris,

The insulation foam is rigid enough-drys hard but also EXPANDS...would have to take care.
seesquare
Posted 2003-11-21 7:31 PM (#200605 - in reply to #200602)

OK, tied score. The Armor-All has done miracles, so far, on the appearance. A little metal polish on the latches, next, for good measure.
Thanks for the input, Guys!
Chris
Nils
Posted 2003-11-21 8:30 PM (#200606 - in reply to #200602)

Well thanks a lot! I just looked at my brown case to see what the hell you were talking about & found that one of mine is completely gone. I never looked under there before. Now I have *that* to worry about!

/\/\/ :)
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-22 1:39 AM (#200607 - in reply to #200602)

I refuse to look at my case until tomorrow so I can sleep tonight, if you find me posting at 4:00 AM tomorrow you will know I have seen the same dreaded condition, CASE CANCER. I reccommend Chemotherapy (mix 4 OZ bourbon with 2 OZ H2O, and repeat until condition goes away, that is until you find yourself with your arms around your case saying "I luv thish old case, I'm going to lay down in this soft plush body fitting old case and putsch that gutar in my bed, and thash where my gutar will sleep from now on and I'll jush sleep rite heer". This bonds you with the case, but plays havoc with the marriage, usually (sometimes it improves it).

Bailey
grrroovedude
Posted 2003-11-22 4:02 AM (#200608 - in reply to #200602)

Is this for the brown case I was bidding at? Congrats.

;)

Martin
Slipkid
Posted 2003-11-22 7:35 AM (#200609 - in reply to #200602)

Chris,
I have seen "non-expanding" foam for sale at places like Home Depot.
Brad
seesquare
Posted 2003-11-22 9:09 AM (#200610 - in reply to #200602)

Thanks, Bailey, but Mr. Barleycorn & I have been maintaining detente for some time now. His strategic intelligence-related action to capture me into the bedroom closet, ostensibly, seeking to put the Labrador out on a business trip, convinced me I was seriously outgunned, and retreat from engagement was the only survival option. And, if you're inferring we're all starting to be shaped like guitar cases; I resemble that statement!!
Hey, Brad, thanks for the suggestion. The problem I'm anticipating is how to inject the goop past the foot to fill up the space behind it. There ain't a lot of room to work with. I'm in no particular rush, and I apologize to my valued friends and colleagues by this consciousness-raising experience. It's more than a river in Egypt, Guys.
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-23 1:17 AM (#200611 - in reply to #200602)

Seesquare

I applaud you're separation with mr barleycorn, it can lead to some very bad repair jobs on good equipment.

It's tomorrow and I got up the courage to check my little footsies on my brown case, it was certainly a conscious raising experience, as you have noted, as I never realized they existed before. The upshot of this investigation is that they are in perfect condition although one could use a little polishing. That is a pretty good case as it has travelled around some and still looks good. No Chemotherapy required and I'll sleep like a baby in my bed and not in the case.

Bailey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)