The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Case question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Clearview
Posted 2003-11-22 1:29 PM (#200591)
Subject: Case question

I have a 1712 & 1756. They both have the black hard shell cases. Cases themselves seem rugged, but don't really have any padding to them inside, only a lining. Are they all like this? I have seen people with brown cases, are they same thing? All of my electric cases are sufficiently padded enough inside, so when they get kicked around or whatever, no worries. Was just curious if Ovation ever used(made) anything better, or if I need to spend a fortune thru a custom case shop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-11-22 5:07 PM (#200592 - in reply to #200591)
Subject: Re: Case question

Hi,

I have a couple of Os with the hard shell cases also, plus my old Applause has a chipboard case with fluffy lining inside. From what I have seen, most guitar cases are like this, I don't recall seeing any with padding inside in addition to the lining. I believe better quality gig bags have padding, but I don't think that is what you have in mind.

I have only seen one or two of the older brown hard-shell cases and I thought they were like the current models as far as lining and padding. I believe the idea is that the case is so form-fitting that the guitar is protected from damage unless the case is crushed in some way.

If you are looking for nice padded hard-shell cases you may have to go custom. I don't think the regular cases are meant to protect a guitar from someone using it for a hockey puck.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-11-22 6:46 PM (#200593 - in reply to #200591)
Subject: Re: Case question

It would appear that various vendors have been used to manufacture the cases since the "brown" versions and some are better than others. I have a mid-90's black deep-bowl case which has nothing but air between the the outer shell and the interior molding and I agree, given rough treatment I'd have my doubts about it. All of my other Ovation cases are fine and are more than adequately padded. If you want something significantly better than a current Ovation case, such as a Calton or Mark Leaf, you'll need to spend a lot of money, US list on a Calton, custom-padded for an Ovation is around $600, they're worth every penny.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)